Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How did they unlock this iphone 4??

Default How did they unlock this iphone 4??
    My friend paid someone at a wireless store to jailbreak & unlock his iphone 4 4.2.1 on baseband 03.10.01. I forgot to check if he had a grevey sim in it, but I wanted to confirm with you guys because Im also curious. The iOS remained the same after the unlock, so they didnt update the firmware or anything.

The last time I checked, there is no unlock for it yet unless you update to the ipad baseband. He didnt have them do one of those remote IMEI unlock because I believe you would have to update to 4.3.1 to unlock it that way. And it was more expensive then what he paid for it

Does anyone here think it was most likely a grevey sim?
    Last edited by EVO; 07-23-2011 at 11:51 PM. Reason: missing important info

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 6thDAY View Post
    My friend paid someone at a wireless store to jailbreak & unlock his iphone 4 4.2.1 on baseband 03.10.01. I forgot to check if he had a grevey sim in it, but I wanted to confirm with you guys because Im also curious. The iOS remained the same after the unlock, so they didnt update the firmware or anything.

The last time I checked, there is no unlock for it yet unless you update to the ipad baseband. He didnt have them do one of those remote IMEI unlock because I believe you would have to update to 4.3.1 to unlock it that way. And it was more expensive then what he paid for it

Does anyone here think it was most likely a grevey sim?
    Most likely a Gevey sim or some other turbo sim. The ipad baseband unlock doesn't work on an I4. Only 3G or 3GS. The remote IMEI unlock is pretty much non existent here in the US since they closed that hole and the new I4s are already factory unlocked.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ihappy For This Useful Post:

EVO (07-24-2011)

to unlock.. most likely its gevey or turbo sim. else, he may may know someone who works some where that can do an IMEI unlock.

Why don't you just ask your friend to pop out his/her SIM and solve the mystery once and for all?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I agree with all of the above. They likely stuck a turboSIM in the SIM tray.