+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: wifi not working as well after trying gevey sim???

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hi, i tried a gevey sim unlock on my iphone 4 ios 4.2.1 BB 2.10, i couldn`t get the gevey sim to work so i took it out but it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default wifi not working as well after trying gevey sim???
    hi, i tried a gevey sim unlock on my iphone 4 ios 4.2.1 BB 2.10,
    i couldn`t get the gevey sim to work so i took it out but it seems ever since my wifi is week and often cuts out, ive had a new wifi antenna installed but its still doing it,
    its definitely not my router as my wife wifi is fine all over the house would restoring my phone rid the problem?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I would just restore and see if this does solve the problem.

I haven't seen any wifi problems with using the legit gevey sims and I have played with just about every one from the original gevey to the pro to ultra now. Haven't used any fake ones but I know a few buddies who had problems with the gevey supreme.

Which one are you currently using?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i`m not sure what one it was, it was only cheap on ebay so i`m guessing it is a copy haven`t got it any more! did the people you know have wifi probs ??

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jayjames View Post
    i`m not sure what one it was, it was only cheap on ebay so i`m guessing it is a copy haven`t got it any more! did the people you know have wifi probs ??
    My guess would be that its a fake one as ebay is full of them but hey if it works then I guess it doesn't really matter. But in your case you seem to be having a problem with it.

No they guys I know used a fake gevey supreme and were having a mixure of different problems like excessive battery drain; data network laggy, weak or non existent; and crappy cellular signal.