Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: the iphone could not be restored an unknown error occurred "1015"

Default the iphone could not be restored an unknown error occurred "1015"
    Hi all, I have a 3G which was having issues with cydia etc so I decided to update it using itunes which I have done before and which I realised would lock and unjailbreak the phone which is all good as I intedended to unlock/jailbreak it again. However I connected it to itunes as you do and hit the upgrade hbutton and it got almost all the way to the end and up popped this message "the iphone could not be restored an unknown error occurred "1015". I have tried it 3 times now with no luck and the phone is now stuck on the screen with the itunes logo and the usb coed going to it. Have I bricked my phone? Please help me? Thanks guys. It was running 3.1.3 before hand. Cheers.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Try navigating to C: \Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ hosts
    and add this line at the bottom below the local hosts line:
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

Then redo the process

Hi there, Cheers for that I have gone to that folder so how to I add that text? It won't let me drag and drop it anywhere? Cheers very much for the help

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Used notepad.exe to edit, add the entry, save it, then exit. Done.

Cool on the notepad doc what do I call it when I save it? Cheers

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Using save, it reuses the same name.

... reuses and overwrites ...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Using save, it reuses the same name.

... reuses and overwrites ...
    ^
    What he said

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

U cud have preserved the perfect baseband before updating... Also 1015 = fixrecovery if u updated to 4.2.1

Hi again. So I opened hosts with notepad and put that line of text at the bottom under all the other spybot text lines and tried updating it again and got the same error. Any further thoughts? Cheers.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Did you reboot the computer after editing the hosts file?

Hey, Sure didn't. will try that next. Cheers.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Does it have the iPad baseband installed.

Nope, Still didn't work after reboot. Maybe I put the text in the wrong place??

Not sure? I tried using snowbreeze forecast to check the BB but it wont tell me.Would this method work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y39hP...otation_777476
    Last edited by cushphil; 07-21-2011 at 11:23 PM.

Thanks

You don't remember if you installed it or not? Well either way whether we know or not, create a custom 4.2.1 fw with sn0wbreeze, set phone to dfu mode with redsn0w, open iTunes and shift+restore to the cfw. You shouldn't run into any errors in iTunes if you do these steps in order

Oh if you've ever edited host files, set it back to normal. If you ever used TinyUmbrella, open it and under Advanced uncheck the box to point to cydia on exit. Exit TU, then follow the above steps.

Edit: ALTERNATIVE METHOD

Download stock 3.1.3 ipsw, shift+restore to it. Get error 1015, open TU and select exit recovery (not fix recovery). JB as normal.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

xFR (01-28-2012)

Hi, So I did that second option and it did indeed get it out of DFU into just locked mode. Forecast says it is running 06.15.00 BB and 3.1.3. So what JB do I need to use do I just make one using snowbreeze? Cheers for the help again Annie.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    You don't remember if you installed it or not? Well either way whether we know or not, create a custom 4.2.1 fw with sn0wbreeze, set phone to dfu mode with redsn0w, open iTunes and shift+restore to the cfw. You shouldn't run into any errors in iTunes if you do these steps in order

Oh if you've ever edited host files, set it back to normal. If you ever used TinyUmbrella, open it and under Advanced uncheck the box to point to cydia on exit. Exit TU, then follow the above steps.

Edit: ALTERNATIVE METHOD

Download stock 3.1.3 ipsw, shift+restore to it. Get error 1015, open TU and select exit recovery (not fix recovery). JB as normal.
    ^
    Use the first method she mentioned above. Since it is using the ipad baseband then you can only restore using custom firmwares

Thanks

If you want to stay on 3.1.3 all you have to do now is jb it as normal, with Redsn0w 0.9.4.

I'd really suggest staying on 3.1.x on that type of device but if you don't want 3.1.3 then like iHappy said, you can follow my first set of instructions.

Default Thanks Guys.
    Hey, Cheers for the further advice. So I made a custom 3.1.3 FW using Snowbreeze and tried using redsnow to load it 0.9.4 and it was unable to recognize the ipsw. Nearly there Thanks.

Thanks

You don't put the custom fw into redsn0w, you use a stock firmware in redsn0w so that you can go into DFU mode. You use the custom firmware in iTunes.

Cool, So I did that and 3.1.3 standard restore FW redsnow cant recognise it either. Can I just enter DFU normally and go to itunes and load the Custom FW from there? Sorry for all the Noob Qs

So I just tried what I said in itunes with 3.1.3 custom FW and got a 1601 error message. I am off to work now but I will check back when I get home Thanks again for all the help all.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast