+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: the iphone could not be restored an unknown error occurred "1015"

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by xFR Ok just for confirmation if i proceed with restoring with custom fm (5.0.1) and jb with redsn0w.i wont get tethered, unlocking and wifi connectivity issues? as
    xFR
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xFR View Post
    Ok just for confirmation if i proceed with restoring with custom fm (5.0.1) and jb with redsn0w.i wont get tethered, unlocking and wifi connectivity issues?

as you know i have,

iPhone 3Gs
    iOS: 4.2.1
    BB: 06.15.00-6.4_M3S2

Thanks.
    Successfully moved to iOS 5.0.1 with BB 06.15.00 - Thanks Annie for your great Help.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Sorry lol I couldn't respond bc I was sleeping. I'm glad you got it all down though, obviously your concerns turned out not to be an issue.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

xFR (01-29-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3G Jailbreak and unlock
    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Ok well is this an iPhone 3G?

If it is an iPhone 3G you can just follow the steps I outlined previously. Here:

Being that it is an iPhone 3G, you can restore to stock 3.1.3 (or 3.1.2 if you'd like) without losing your unlockable baseband. Any stock firmware up to 4.0.2 has an unlockable baseband so you can use stock firmware without worry.

I would suggest a stock firmware just because creating a custom firmware on Windows requires sn0wbreeze and sn0wbreeze doesn't always do well with an iPhone 3G. Now if you have a Mac to use pwnagetool then that's a different story

My advice really is to do a standard shift+restore to stock 3.1.3. Be sure to download both the 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 ipsw, you'll want to restore to 3.1.3 but use 3.1.2 firmware for the jailbreaking process (with redsn0w 0.9.4).

You might get error 1015 so if that happens just open TinyUmbrella and use the "exit recovery mode" option (not fix recovery). Then you can jailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.4 and the 3.1.2 ipsw as normal afterwards. Unlock with Ultrasn0w from Cydia.
    Hello Annie - This is first time I joined a forum, hope I am doing this right.

I have read this forum and learned how great a job you have done in helping cushphil to jailbreak and unlock his iPhone 3G. I am impressed by your knowledge and skills.

I bought from some one an used iPhone 3G running Firmware 4.2.1. I have very little, actually near 0 knowledge about jailbreaking and unlocking, but could not wait to jailbreak and unlock the unit. I did a quick Google and found instruction on youtube: Jailbreak and unlock iPhone 3G on 4.2.1 iOS for T-Mobile!!! - YouTube. I made a few steps, and the iPhone was apparently jailbroken, but at the time I could not complete Cydia SBSettings due to Wi-Fi issues. Since then, I have attempted many things, could not even get back to restoring the iPhone, I have had no progress at all until I saw and read your posting.

After reading your post, I downloaded FM 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 and redsn0w 0.9.4. I successfully shift+restored to 3.1.3!!! Thank you so much (I didnot even know what is "shift+restore" mean when I started", nor did i know Tinyumbrella.... Anyway, I am so happy that my iPhone 3G is ready for jailbreaking. However when I tried to jailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.4 / FW 3.1.2, I could not get it complete.... I have tried a few times now, no success. I have also just tried to restore back to FW 4.2.1, but now new error message 3194 came up - I went back to host file and deleted the last line edited, and tried again to restore, still same 3194 error message.

At this moment, my phone is running FM 3.1.3 (7E18), BB 06.15.00 (most likely got upgraded to this BB when I tried first time to JB it based on youtube instruction - I am not saying the youtube instruction is not good - clearly I did something wrong, might be the wi-fi related issue). Right now, I have my Wi-Fi set up on the unit, can browse internet, but the iPhone 3G is still locked. Please can you help me to jailbreak and unlock my iPhone 3G? I really appreciate your help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please let me know if you need more information from me in order to help me.

Thank you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default what do all these acronyms stand for, newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Does it have the iPad baseband installed.

Acroyms, newbie, ?????

Thanks
    Thanked 14,866 Times in 6,897 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brucem55 View Post
    Acroyms, newbie, ?????
    I don't see any acronyms in the post you quoted. It was also from 2012.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234