+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: the iphone could not be restored an unknown error occurred "1015"

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, Thanks for that. Can I do that without re-jailbreaking etc or do I have to do it over again using redsnow 0.9.4?? Thanks for the help
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi, Thanks for that. Can I do that without re-jailbreaking etc or do I have to do it over again using redsnow 0.9.4?? Thanks for the help

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It can be done without re-jb'ing or changing anything. redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 will do the trick for 4.2.1 3G/3GS
    Select one only one option: install iPad BB. Be sure to select the correct old or new bootloader for 3GS.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey again, I apologize it has worked it just took a while to recognize my sim Cheers very much.
    Last edited by cushphil; 08-18-2011 at 12:47 AM.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It's possible it could be hardware, but the evidence is inconclusive at this point.

For one user that I know of, going back to 4.1 and reloading the BB with that version actually worked.
    I have no idea why it worked. Could be the iOS, or the redsn0w version, or it could be the user getting
    everything right. It's difficult to be sure which makes this job a bit frustrating at times.

If you try other methods and are successful, please report back.

Good luck.

Green Apple
    Thanks

No probs, It has worked just as you said it just took a bit longer to load my Vodafone sim. Thanks for your help. Until the next speed bump Cheers.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello,

I am using iPhone 3G firmware 4.2.1 and i have previously jb my device. The problem is that I downloaded some rubbish repo file from someone claiming that he could solve multi-tasking problems with my phone. After i installed this file and restart my phone, i get an apple logo and i get stuck. Now, i cannot install fw 4.2.1 with iTunes and get an error ".......An unknown error occured (1015)." Please help. I cannot access my phone.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Open TinyUmbrella, hit "fix recovery" and it should boot your phone up into the emergency call screen.

Then activate as normal with an official SIM or if you don't have one, hacktivate by jailbreaking with redsn0w.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello i.Annie, thanks for your reply. I downloaded TinyUmbrealla 5.01, and then entered DFU mode and clicked "Fix Recovery". But nothing happens. I am confused, could you please guide me in more detail.

Thanks

Go back to thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com and download the standalone file for Fix Recovery. Then try that. There are two files within the download, I think, try both. I can't remember which one worked for me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Raunaqrana (11-23-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I downloaded Fix Recovery (Win) from thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com and there are 2 files that i extracted. Fixrecovery421.exe and Fixrecovery43.exe and when i execute them i got the following error: "zlib1.dll is missing from your computer, try reinstalling the program" and i re-downloaded the standalone file and extracted it again. Get the same error message. What can I do now?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

This has the file MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service.
    You need to put into dfu mode first.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Raunaqrana (11-23-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello iYeow, i downloaded the file. Ran it, and this is what i get. A quick cmd screen that flashes some error msgs and then nothing. After multiple tries to capture the screen this is what i got. the iphone could not be restored an unknown error occurred "1015"-error_recoveryfix.png. Please help.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service tried this instead for FW 4.2.1 ... get the same error msg .. not compatible with this JailBreak ... What do i do ??????
    Last edited by Raunaqrana; 11-23-2011 at 07:26 AM.

Thanks
    Put it to pwaned dfu and restore a custom 4.2.1 firmware, if you have the latest itunes and still get errors you may need to uninstall all related apple programs with a program like Total Uninstall , that removes completely the program. Then install an older version of itunes 10.2 for example, restart pc and try again to restore custom firmware from pwaned dfu

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ovidiu1305 For This Useful Post:

Raunaqrana (11-23-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here is how i got it solved. I tried to put my iPhone into pwned DFU mode by following steps here. How To Enter Pwned DFU Mode And Use Custom IPSW Firmware ~ Blog O'Nerd ..... using redsn0w 0.9.6b5 .. I checked the "Just enter pwned DFU mode right now" option and shift + restore a custom downloaded .ipsw file with iTunes. Now i am done and only need to unlock the iPhone. Hope this helps other ppl who are stuck in continuous recovery loop (iTunes error: 1015). Cheers !!

xFR
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    You don't remember if you installed it or not? Well either way whether we know or not, create a custom 4.2.1 fw with sn0wbreeze, set phone to dfu mode with redsn0w, open iTunes and shift+restore to the cfw. You shouldn't run into any errors in iTunes if you do these steps in order

Oh if you've ever edited host files, set it back to normal. If you ever used TinyUmbrella, open it and under Advanced uncheck the box to point to cydia on exit. Exit TU, then follow the above steps.
    @ Annie:

Thanks for your above post, it made me able to restore cfw by iTune,but now i am stucked with USB cable, iTune logo and Emergency Call screen.

Please help me what to do now . . .

iPhone Details:

iPhone 3Gs
    iOS: 4.2.1
    BB: 06.15.00-6.4_M3S2

Thanks in Advance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

Well i JB via redsn0w and its Done.Thank You very much.
    Last edited by xFR; 01-28-2012 at 08:21 AM.

Thanks

Sorry for the delayed response. I'm glad you figured it out though.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

xFR (01-28-2012)

xFR
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xFR View Post
    @ Annie:

Thanks for your above post, it made me able to restore cfw by iTune,but now i am stucked with USB cable, iTune logo and Emergency Call screen.

Please help me what to do now . . .

iPhone Details:

iPhone 3Gs

Thanks in Advance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

Well i JB via redsn0w and its Done.Thank You very much.
    Thanks Annie.

But now i have some issues,

1. when ever i restart iphone it does nt load OS just appears apple logo and littlte circle kept spinning.
    2. Not connecting via wifi. (other iphone connects)

Please advice.

Thanks

So you're stuck in a boot loop. Create a custom firmware for 5.0.1. Make sure it is activated. Do so by going into sn0wbreeze or redsn0w to create the custom fw. In the general section of sn0wbreeze or redsn0w, select to "activate" the custom fw.

When you've created the custom fw, shift+restore and select it to restore to jailbroken 5.0.1.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

xFR (01-28-2012)

xFR
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So you're stuck in a boot loop. Create a custom firmware for 5.0.1. Make sure it is activated. Do so by going into sn0wbreeze or redsn0w to create the custom fw. In the general section of sn0wbreeze or redsn0w, select to "activate" the custom fw.

When you've created the custom fw, shift+restore and select it to restore to jailbroken 5.0.1.
    Ok just for confirmation if i proceed with restoring with custom fm (5.0.1) and jb with redsn0w.i wont get tethered, unlocking and wifi connectivity issues?

as you know i have,

iPhone 3Gs

Thanks.
    Last edited by xFR; 01-28-2012 at 11:46 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry for the delayed response. I'm glad you figured it out though.
    .. appreciate your help. Thanks