+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Slow or intermittent videos

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i finally unlocked (tmobile) my iphone 4, bb 03.10.01, 4.2.1, jailbroken with greenpoison, using the Gevey Ultra sim. No major problems except that when i try to watch a video
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Slow or intermittent videos
    i finally unlocked (tmobile) my iphone 4, bb 03.10.01, 4.2.1, jailbroken with greenpoison, using the Gevey Ultra sim. No major problems except that when i try to watch a video clip its choppy and slow. I also fixed my mms, sms, and facetime no probs there. So is there a tweak or something somewhere that will speed things up? I am on wifi with full signal also. Sorry for so many details, just thought it would help. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

What do the videos look like on data and not on wifi? Same?

It could be various things, like something you installed from Cydia that may cause conflict, or the jailbreak didn't completely go right.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes, they are chippy and keep stopping/reloading. weird thing is my facetime works fine.

i meant choppy, sorry.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Did you check to see if it is anything from Cydia causing it? If that isn't the case and you can't find the source of the problem, you might consider restoring and rejb.

I wouldn't recommend trying to "tweak" it to make anything go faster just bc normally an iPhone 4 should not have this type of video performance. It should run perfectly smoothly if everything is normal.