Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 won't send MMS on 4.3.3 with baseband 1.59.00 on AT&T

Default iPhone 4 won't send MMS on 4.3.3 with baseband 1.59.00 on AT&T
    My iPhone 4 is unlocked even though I'm on AT&T. *I recently updated to 4.3.3 while preserving my baseband. *I restored to a custom firmware. * I could send MMS right after the restore. *Now a few days later and I can no longer send MMS. *

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Recheck the Cellular Data Network settings .. and/or Settings/General/Reset/Reset Network Settings. A mis-matched baseband is not the problem nor is loading a custom firmware. Also, the service could be down at the carrier.

Default After updating, I'm having sora the same issue
    I just updated my ios 4. To 4.3.3, After having it at 4.1 for a while. Did what I was told used Pwnage Tools custom firmware to preserve baseband. I restore through Itunes and Cydia. Well having trouble with that too. I get my settings back with cydia and my SMS won't load contacts. It's a blank screen! It feels and acts like it going to crash. I have to run it in safe mode just to text! Help!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by retiredmac View Post
    I just updated my ios 4. To 4.3.3, After having it at 4.1 for a while. Did what I was told used Pwnage Tools custom firmware to preserve baseband. ...
    It might help to do this again. Setting the phone up as 'New' sometimes helps but you'll loose the saved SMS's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Recheck the Cellular Data Network settings .. and/or Settings/General/Reset/Reset Network Settings. A mis-matched baseband is not the problem nor is loading a custom firmware. Also, the service could be down at the carrier.
    I already tried resetting network settings. A friend of mine with AT&T is able to send MMS.

Quote Originally Posted by dalton4life View Post
    My iPhone 4 is unlocked even though I'm on AT&T. *I recently updated to 4.3.3 while preserving my baseband. *I restored to a custom firmware. * I could send MMS right after the restore. *Now a few days later and I can no longer send MMS. *

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
    First question I would have is how your phone is unlocked even though you're on AT&T. Do you have ultrasn0w installed? If not, how is your phone unlocked? You need to install ultrasn0w even though you're on AT&T. Once you install it, reboot your phone and then remove and reinsert your sim - that should restore your ability to send mms.

Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    First question I would have is how your phone is unlocked even though you're on AT&T. Do you have ultrasn0w installed? If not, how is your phone unlocked? You need to install ultrasn0w even though you're on AT&T. Once you install it, reboot your phone and then remove and reinsert your sim - that should restore your ability to send mms.
    I have ultrasn0w installed. Again it was working, because I tested right after I restored it. I'd like to keep my unlock, but since I'm on AT&T the ability to send MMS is more important to me.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I don't think the baseband (nor the jailbreak) has anything to do with your MMS issue. Keeping your unlock is a valuable asset. At a minimum, I would give it a few days, a few more comments suggestions from the community, and re-load, re-jb before updating.

BTW: Try uninstalling Ultrasn0w. Ultrasn0w is not necessary for AT&T, but it does fix the 1-bar signal issue. Who knows .. it might help.

I have ultrasn0w installed. Again it was working, because I tested right after I restored it. I'd like to keep my unlock, but since I'm on AT&T the ability to send MMS is more important to me.
    Did you try removing and reinserting the sim like I suggested? I'm also with AT&T, 4.3.3, ultrasn0w installed and that's the only way I was able to get mms and vvm to work. Try it.

I did try removing the SIM. I also tried uninstalling ultrasn0w. For whatever reason I couldn't get AT&T service until it re-installed ultrasn0w. It showed the bars, but no carrier logo. I tried again removing the SIM after re-installing ultrasn0w. I have service, but no MMS.

I did try removing the SIM. I also tried uninstalling ultrasn0w. For whatever reason I couldn't get AT&T service until it re-installed ultrasn0w. It showed the bars, but no carrier logo. I tried again removing the SIM after re-installing ultrasn0w. I have service, but no MMS.
    Is it displaying more than one bar of signal strength? Is your vvm working?

It's showing one bar now, but I don't get a good signal where I am. It showed 3 bars a little while ago. My VVM works.
    Last edited by dalton4life; 07-14-2011 at 01:25 PM.

It's showing one bar now, but I don't get a good signal where I am. It showed 3 bars a little while ago. My VVM works.
    That's really odd because the MMS problem usually coincides with vvm not working. Are you able to receive MMS? You can try sending one to yourself via email ([email protected]).

I tried everything. I'm not receiving MMS either. I even restored it again to a custom firmware and installed ultrasn0w. I'm at my wit's end with this.

I tried everything. I'm not receiving MMS either. I even restored it again to a custom firmware and installed ultrasn0w. I'm at my wit's end with this.
    I don't blame you - I'd be frustrated too. Do you have the SBSettings ultrasn0w toggle installed?

Thanks for the help everyone. I have it working now.

I called AT&T and they fixed it. After some searching I saw someone else had this issue due a conflict with their text plan. I had unlimited text and switched to unlimited text with free mobile to mobile a little over a month ago around the time I 1st noticed this. They removed my text plan and added it back and my MMS is working again. They also gave me a $20 credit for my trouble and being a "long time" AT&T customer.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Congratulations
    Thank you very much. I'm really glad I didn't end up updating my baseband.

same thing happen to me before. when i work on my ip4, i made the mistake of installing my ip4 sim card back into my ip2. then ATT thinks i now have an ip2 and they automatically remove my mms option. then when i put the sim back in my ip4.. it remains in in ip2 text plan. so a quick phone call to ATT or visit to the ATT store fixes it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^Wow! Interesting stuff. Automation gone haywire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast