+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Unlocking 3gs

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a 3GS on 4.2.1 (8C148a) & 05.15.04 that is synced to another iTunes account. I want to unlock it and sync it to my iTunes. What are the
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Help Unlocking 3gs
    I have a 3GS on 4.2.1 (8C148a) & 05.15.04 that is synced to another iTunes account. I want to unlock it and sync it to my iTunes. What are the steps to do this and still have it unlocked? Update to 4.3.3 first or unlock first?

If I JB and unlock with the iPad BB, can I then sync to my iTunes and will it still be unlocked?

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by regalman View Post
    ...If I JB and unlock with the iPad BB, can I then sync to my iTunes and will it still be unlocked?
    No problems.

Quote Originally Posted by regalman View Post
    I have a 3GS on 4.2.1 (8C148a) & 05.15.04 that is synced to another iTunes account. I want to unlock it and sync it to my iTunes. What are the steps to do this and still have it unlocked? Update to 4.3.3 first or unlock first...
    The current baseband is unlockable. It must be updated to the iPad 6.15.x BB. This thread http://modmyi.com/forums/general/737...g-3gs-4-a.html contains invaluable information. Give me a minute or two, I'm still looking for a guide the upgrade to the iPad BB.

Redsn0w 0.9.6b6 will install the iPad baseband and works well with your current iOS - 4.2.1. SHSH blobs for 4.2.1 are also required. I would do this first. Keep in mind that a custom firmware ipsw built by PwnageTool or Sn0wbreeze must be installed after you load the iPad BB.

BTW: The difference between 4.2.1 and 4.3.3 is very small. I would stay put.If you need an unlock, then add the iPad BB, then Ultrasn0w (via Cydia).
    Last edited by Mes; 07-11-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Steps to Unlock
    I'm trying to grasp all that being a newbie. I've looked at the iClarified tutorials and I'm still somewhat unsure about how to proceed. It appears that when I JB the 3gs it will need to be restored and then update to 4.3.3, or maybe I just don't understand.

Is there any other ways to get a step by step process for a newbie. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks