+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 baseband 4.10.01 unlock

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have been trying a lot to find an unlock for it but I just got geney(or something like this) to unlock it but I'm from India and here that
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default iPhone 4 baseband 4.10.01 unlock
    I have been trying a lot to find an unlock for it but I just got geney(or something like this) to unlock it but I'm from India and here that sim is not available, so is there any other way to unlock it?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You can do a factory (IMEI) unlock if the original carrier of your iPhone offers it. If not, Gevey SIM is your only choice. You can find them on eBay, surely many of them will ship to India.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    How to do IMEI unlock?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You have to ask the carrier that originally sold your phone. If it's locked to O2, you have to ask O2. If it's locked to AT&T, you have to ask AT&T (although AT&T will not unlock iPhones so no reason to ask them). Usually each carrier has requirements you have to meet, like O2 requires you to either have an active postpaid account with which they will unlock it for free, or you can be prepaid but the SIM card has to be active in the iPhone before they will unlock it, and it will also cost $15 GBP.

Basically, the rules and whether they will unlock it is up to whatever company the phone is locked to.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I think I need to buy that sim, but I'm not sure if they'll ship it to India or not.
    Do you guys have any idea which website can ship that sim to India.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I got mine from eBay, most eBay sellers will ship worldwide.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,923 Posts

Yep just buy a Gevey SIM online. It's cheaper online anyhow

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

In India it is available in Gaffar Market delhi and they were last charging Rs.1500/- (About US$30). You can find this in India in any city's grey market. If you can find Gevey Sim Pro, it will be better as it is the latest one and untethered ( means you dont have to dia 112 everytime you switch you phone on. I am using Gevey Sim and in Airplane I just switch on Airplane mode and on landing it finds single automatically, when turn Airplane mode off.