+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi everyone, Someone I know is coming over from the UK to visit us. She has an iPhone on contract and if she wants to use it here she has
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lightbulb Unlocking?
    Hi everyone,

Someone I know is coming over from the UK to visit us. She has an iPhone on contract and if she wants to use it here she has to pay expensive roaming costs. She wants to know if she can unlock her phone so she can use a South African sim in her UK iPhone.

Thanks For The Help!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

who is her service provider? is it O2? did she get the iphone from O2? if yes, then O2 will unlock it. have her ask O2 about unlocking the iphone.
    Last edited by daytonaviolet; 06-17-2011 at 12:05 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone tito12's Avatar
    Thanks

And if it isn't o2, you need to know what device, firmware and baseband in order to know if and how it can be unlocked.

Thanks

if its not O2, what carrier? most UK carriers can do an IMEI unlock which is not baseband rev dependent

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

She's with Orange, where to go from here?

Thanks

according to this article, orange can unlock your phone after 3mo of usage on there network

How do I unlock my iPhone on Orange?

photo: Seattle Miles
    As all Orange iPhone users are still within the first 3 months of their tenure, it is not possible to unlock their iPhone. However, according to a post on the MacRumors forums, it is possible to unlock your iPhone for 20 after the first 3 months of your tenure:
    If you are a Pay Monthly or Pay As You Go customer and your phone has been registered for more than 3 months, all you will need to pay to unlock your phone is the unlocking fee of 20.00 including VAT, payable prior to unlocking the phone.
    To unlock your phone all you will need to do is call our Customer Service team on 150 from your Orange phone, or 07973 100150 from any other mobile or landline or 450 (07973 100450) if the phone has been used with a pay as you go SIM. Unlocking generally takes between 7 and 10 days.