Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help please

Default help please
    so i decided to jailbreak/unlock my moms phone because i feel sorry for her iphone lol because its running a really old firmware compare to now and i feel shes left out. shes running Version 3.1.3 MF 05.12.01 (iPhone 3gs) so my question is, where do i start? to jailbreak/unlock her phone to the latest firmware which ever its possible. i have a windows and mac.

thanks in advance

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Create a custom firmware for 4.3.3 with sn0wbreeze. Then put the phone into pwned dfu mode with redsn0w. Then open iTunes and hold shift and click restore, select the custom 4.3.3 fw you created, and let iTunes do its thing When finished, open Cydia and install Ultrasn0w to unlock the phone.

Here's a link to a wonderful, illustrated guide for you to follow on using Sn0wbreeze.
    Jailbreak 4.3.3 iOS Untethered Sn0wbreeze 2.7 Custom IPSW - iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, 3G, iPad Windows [How to Guide] - Jailbreak 5.1 / 4.3.1 / 4.3.2 / 4.3.3 /iOS 5 Untethered - iPad 2 Jailbreak

Do not follow the steps it tells you to put into pwned dfu mode with Sn0wbreeze, SB doesn't do a very good job at it. So download redsn0w from here: Dev-Team Blog

And select only the dfu mode option (you need to plug in a 4.3.3 STOCK *not custom* firmware for redsn0w to do this) and follow the instructions. Then proceed to open iTunes after you're in pwned dfu mode.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

bbschizo (06-20-2011)

thank you so much! it worked perfectly!