+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Has anyone here gotten a gevey supreme sim yet?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I know it's not the real gevey manufacturer releasing these, but they are starting to flood the market here quickly. I'm thinking of picking one up when it drops under
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Has anyone here gotten a gevey supreme sim yet?
    I know it's not the real gevey manufacturer releasing these, but they are starting to flood the market here quickly. I'm thinking of picking one up when it drops under $10. If you a gevey supreme already, what do you think about it? Does it work? Do you lose data when you reboot your phone (without redoing an unlock procedure)?

[Background info- currently I'm using a fake gevey (bought it from ebay from a distributor of gevey.us - same company that makes the gevey supreme), and I'm able to reboot my a phone without losing signal, but I don't get data - it's really kind of a pain in the @ss because it requires popping the sim tray to get the welcome menu again (and I'm not going to use my phone without data working- wtf is the point of even having an iphone without data, you know?). Not sure if I already have a gevey supreme that came in the normal gevey packaging or if they fixed that issue on the gevey supreme]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ordered couple, should get them in a couple of days

will write it here when i receive it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by webunlocked View Post
    ordered couple, should get them in a couple of days

will write it here when i receive it
    Sweet. Look forward to reading about it. It's weird because I emailed a few ebay sellers, gevey.us, and looked at a few listing and everyone says something different re: the ability to reboot without dialing 112 and data issues.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

There is a person on another forum claiming to have one. Said it works as advertised, but didn't give any more details than that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I bought 1 yesterday, it works in a couple of reboots then after that when i reboot once more there no signal, i did those reboots to enable the edge on tmobile us, but it didnt, now it isnt working at all,

Im back using gevey turbo pro, and its hard specially im using a defender otter box,

But i learned one trick so i dont have to remove the sim out when redoin the process..

Ill stick on gevey turbo for a while..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I actually sell them on a local classifieds listing here where I live. The last poster is pretty much correct as I've been noticing the same thing. I've only had them since the pre-order ended as the manufacturers wouldn't release them before that date. The main issue I've been seeing is the client's iPhones won't maintain a data connection with some of the MMS fix software I use. I install the gevey and the user has edge. Then I apply the mms and facetime fix and the data connection goes away. And for some reason, without that connection, their picture messaging doesn't work. Right now I'm pretty stumped on the issue but I will figure it out.

One other issue I've been seeing and actually had today on two iphones at the same time. The client's phones showed full bars and then would drop to one bar and then go into searching. It would maintain a searching status for 30 seconds and then go back to full bars. This would continue for as long s I had the mms fix installed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhade29 View Post
    I bought 1 yesterday, it works in a couple of reboots then after that when i reboot once more there no signal, i did those reboots to enable the edge on tmobile us, but it didnt, now it isnt working at all,

Im back using gevey turbo pro, and its hard specially im using a defender otter box,

But i learned one trick so i dont have to remove the sim out when redoin the process..

Ill stick on gevey turbo for a while..
    It sounds like I have the exact same gevey sim as the one you received with gevey supreme packaging. I have the same issue with having to take my phone out of an otterbox case to pop the sim, and it's a pain. What's the trick you learned where you don't have to remove the sim out when redoin the process?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weaksos1 View Post
    It sounds like I have the exact same gevey sim as the one you received with gevey supreme packaging. I have the same issue with having to take my phone out of an otterbox case to pop the sim, and it's a pain. What's the trick you learned where you don't have to remove the sim out when redoin the process?
    My iphone is jailbreaked,I downloaded a ultrasnow deb file. When i reboot and starts. I use ifile to install or reinstall it. Once its reinstalled the message from gevey pops up and do the the steps to enable gevey to work.. Atleast in these process i dont need to remove the sim out from the phone, hope it helps

Ive seen some sites thats there a new gevey called "gevey pass" they said it has the fix issues bout the 3g 2g edge.. Try searching the web bout it..
    Last edited by jhade29; 06-16-2011 at 06:22 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by I_Can_Has_iPhone? View Post
    I actually sell them on a local classifieds listing here where I live. The last poster is pretty much correct as I've been noticing the same thing. I've only had them since the pre-order ended as the manufacturers wouldn't release them before that date. The main issue I've been seeing is the client's iPhones won't maintain a data connection with some of the MMS fix software I use. I install the gevey and the user has edge. Then I apply the mms and facetime fix and the data connection goes away. And for some reason, without that connection, their picture messaging doesn't work. Right now I'm pretty stumped on the issue but I will figure it out.

One other issue I've been seeing and actually had today on two iphones at the same time. The client's phones showed full bars and then would drop to one bar and then go into searching. It would maintain a searching status for 30 seconds and then go back to full bars. This would continue for as long s I had the mms fix installed.
    Same issue here; however, no additional mms or facetime software installed on the iPhones. I'll have to do some more testing tomorrow.

Thanks

My iphone is jailbreaked,I downloaded a ultrasnow deb file. When i reboot and starts. I use ifile to install or reinstall it. Once its reinstalled the message from gevey pops up and do the the steps to enable gevey to work.. Atleast in these process i dont need to remove the sim out from the phone, hope it helps
    Thanks. I'll try that out.

Ive seen some sites thats there a new gevey called "gevey pass" they said it has the fix issues bout the 3g 2g edge.. Try searching the web bout it..
    Yeah, I saw that the other day. I'm not sure if that's even the real gevey brand that's making geveypass (it's not on the gevey.com website or the applenberry website). The gevey.us company is releasing another gevey supreme in a red package (gevey.us is the company that makes the one in the yellow package that's all over ebay). When I emailed gevey.us they said the one in the red package will be fully automated without ever having to dial 112 (so like the one in the video that's on youtube and gevey.us). But this company makes kind of sketchy products (obviously), so I'm not crossing my fingers on this product. I mean the gevey supreme in the yellow package says "without any operation," and the video suggested it works without any operation as well (this video is kind of ridiculous because in the video the guy literally puts the sim in and it finds signal without him doing anything, which is not how the gevey supreme in the yellow package operates - it requires dialing 112 after inserting the sim into the phone); yet, it still requires doing all the same steps as the regular gevey sim.

EDIT- It looks like gevey pass is the same thing as gevey supreme in the yellow packaging. If you look on the following link, it advertises the same thing- "only need to dial 112 once"- and it requires the same unlocking process.
    http://www.gevey3.com/products.htm
    Last edited by weaksos1; 06-17-2011 at 12:21 AM.

Thanks

It worked. Quick question for you- did you notice battery drainage issues with ultrasn0w installed and running gevey to unlock the phone?

Yesterday night I rebooted the phone and tried the installing ultrasnow thing out (and it worked better than removing the sim), but I ran through 30% of the battery overnight (and there were no apps open in the background and the only thing I did before I went to bed was re-unlock the phone through the gevey process), so I want to say ultrasn0w was causing the excess battery drainage, but not sure why it would do that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, I'm new to this whole unlocking thing and I'm so confused as to whether or not I should get the Gevey Supreme or the Turbo Pro?
    When there's a will, there's a way.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sweet. Look forward to reading about it. It's weird because I emailed a few ebay sellers, gevey.us, and looked at a few listing and everyone says something different re: the ability to reboot without dialing 112 and data issues.
    I got it. It works

You just need to do the 112 steps only ONCE, the first time you put it in.

THEN, there is NO NEED

Even if you turn off the phone, the signal and 3G comes up great.

PS: Note that, I have read around the Gevey Supreme Yellow (presumably 1st gen) works great in US, Russia, ..., but its 3G may not come up automatically at some locations (Shenzhen China, Turkey, ...) Gevey Supreme Red (2nd gen) is fixed, and more reliable, and its 3G works everywhere. So if you're in the US, feel free to get the Yellow version, as its a bit cheaper. BUT if you're going to travel around, get the RED version.

Here's a video showing Supreme works without need to dial 112 all the time, as it picks up automatically

By the way, got mine from here: http://www.mobilroad.com/mobile-phon...ck-yellow.html $17.99 right now (couple of bucks shipped with tracking)
    Last edited by webunlocked; 06-23-2011 at 11:35 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The video you linked to does not show the mobile data connection coming back automatically.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
    The video you linked to does not show the mobile data connection coming back automatically.
    Correct and its not going to unless you do the entire unlock process again. Supposedly the new gevey supreme red has fixed the issue with no data when you reboot but I find that highly unlikely.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yeah, the data not coming back is a HUUUUGE flaw. If you want mobile data every time (I do), then that adds an additional annoying step over the Gevey Pro. DO NOT WANT.

Thanks

Yeah, the data not coming back is a HUUUUGE flaw. If you want mobile data every time (I do), then that adds an additional annoying step over the Gevey Pro. DO NOT WANT.
    +1. I don't understand why they created a product where you get signal back, but no data. I mean 99.8% of iphone users are going to want data (even if not right that second, at some point, which means redoing the entire unlock process + the additional steps).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Correct. But in the US it works, it is working with AT&T. the one on the video is from abroad and that is probs 3G issues with the yellow version.

That is why yellow version is probs OK if u'll be in the us, but red one is recommended if going to travel around, like to europe, and want 3G.

+1. I don't understand why they created a product where you get signal back, but no data. I mean 99.8% of iphone users are going to want data (even if not right that second, at some point, which means redoing the entire unlock process + the additional steps).

Agreed i say NEVER release a product when its tested AND tested, AND, tested again EVERYwhere.

But Yellow one also ok in the US

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Correct. But in the US it works, it is working with AT&T. the one on the video is from abroad and that is probs 3G issues with the yellow version.

That is why yellow version is probs OK if u'll be in the us, but red one is recommended if going to travel around, like to europe, and want 3G.

Agreed i say NEVER release a product when its tested AND tested, AND, tested again EVERYwhere.

But Yellow one also ok in the US
    Why would you need an unlock for AT&T? I think its safe to assume that 3g would work for AT&T because its an official carrier and there is no need for an unlock so the gevey sim would really be of no use when it is attached to an AT&T sim. I could be wrong but show me a video of the yellow package gevey supreme using data (3g or Edge) after a reboot here in the US.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

All locked iPhones in the US are locked to AT&T so no need for Gevey or any unlock. Most people in the US who want to unlock an iPhone want to use it with T-Mobile, so unless mobile data can come back on its own with T-Mobile, it's pretty useless.

Weaksos, what carrier are you using your Gevey Supreme with?