Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Has anyone here gotten a gevey supreme sim yet?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
    All locked iPhones in the US are locked to AT&T so no need for Gevey or any unlock.
    I think I just said that LOL

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

So I found a video of the supposed gevey supreme red that shows data coming back after rebooting an ip4 using a china mobile sim. You decide if its legit or not

YouTube - ‪Gevey Supreme Plus RED Iphone 4 Unlock Turbo Sim 4.3.3 & 5.0‬‏
    Last edited by ihappy; 06-24-2011 at 11:25 AM. Reason: changed info

Now we just have to find someone who can confirm that it works like that on T-Mobile! If it does, that's probably good enough for me.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Here a link to another thread I have been reading about the gevey supreme red. So far no luck with data on T-Mobile. I'm sure the OP will keep us informed if he has any new findings.

Gevey Supreme Plus (Red) - No T-Mobile Edge

Quote Originally Posted by ihappy View Post
    Why would you need an unlock for AT&T? I think its safe to assume that 3g would work for AT&T because its an official carrier and there is no need for an unlock so the gevey sim would really be of no use when it is attached to an AT&T sim. I could be wrong but show me a video of the yellow package gevey supreme using data (3g or Edge) after a reboot here in the US.

Sorry, I meant TMobile, lol

It obviously works with AT&T, lol

Now we just have to find someone who can confirm that it works like that on T-Mobile! If it does, that's probably good enough for me.
    Didn't try it, personally, but confirmed it from 2 people, that it is indeed working on TMobile (yellow one; red works on everything)

All locked iPhones in the US are locked to AT&T so no need for Gevey or any unlock. Most people in the US who want to unlock an iPhone want to use it with T-Mobile, so unless mobile data can come back on its own with T-Mobile, it's pretty useless.

Weaksos, what carrier are you using your Gevey Supreme with?
    I'm using it with t-mobile. I can, in fact, confirm data does not work when you reboot the phone. I also have 2 gevey supremes (yellow) and neither automatically find the carrier signal if I reboot more than a couple days after I unlock it.

I actually posted another reply here re: gevey supreme: Gevey Supreme (Pro Plus)
    -I hadn't mentioned the other issues I've experiences with gevey supreme because I wasn't sure if both the ones I received were just defective or maybe they fixed the issues after I bought mine (I bought them both when they first came out, so I have the first batches). But here are the other issues I've experienced with it:

Quote Originally Posted by Shell555 View Post
    I purchased the yellow package Gevey Supreme. It took me 30 mins to try and get a signal. You still have to dial 112 for 2 seconds contrary to what the reseller tells you.
    Quote Originally Posted by weaksos1 View Post
    Yeah, there are a lot of bugs with gevey supreme. It takes me about 30 mins to unlock it as well, if I pull the sim out to unlock it. Sometimes you'll put the sim in and you'll get a "sim failure" right away; sometimes you'll get the menu to come up and then you'll get "no sim installed" before you even get a chance to dial 112; sometimes everything will work properly, it will unlock for 45 seconds and then the signal will drop and you'll get another "no sim installed' notification followed by a "sim failure" notification. It's really annoying, and both the gevey supremes I have those issues.

The best work around I've found is to download the ultrasn0w deb. Put it on your iphone. Use ifile to install it after you reboot (after this you'll get the welcome menu if you wait- BUT don't do this because if you leave ultrasn0w installed, you'll experience battery drainage issues - like 30% of your battery will drain overnight). After installing ultrasn0w via ifile, quickly go into cydia --> packages and remove the ultrasn0w package and respring before the welcome menu comes up. Then if all goes right, you'll get the welcome menu to show up, and you can unlock it through the normal 112 dialing process. If you pull the welcome menu up this way (without removing the sim), 9 times out of 10 you won't get all the errors and will be able to get through the entire unlock process without an error. But about 50% of the you'll drop signal after 45 seconds of unlocking the phone. The times you drop signal, you just have to go back through this whole process of installing and uninstalling ultrasn0w + the 112 dialing process...

Honestly, gevey supreme just irritates me. The $30 for gevey ultra feels like it was well worth the money after dealing this **** I just mentioned for the past month (and I find myself having to reboot my phone every couple days for issues unrelated to gevey - usually battery drainage issues).

some locations to get it:

eBay
    Mike-Mitchell-Deals
    www.mobilroad.com

I have also tested both Yellow and Red ones in Turkey, and actually found Yellow one to be faster and more stable than its successor Red

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have 2 ip4's and started with the Gevey Pro. It worked fine until I had to reboot the phone, now I am having trouble getting it to unlock to T-mobile. Both iphones are on 4.3.3. One has the yellow Supreme and works fine. Can shut it off and on and always comes up T-Mobile. I've tried two different Gevey Pro cards, one Yellow Supreme and one Red Supreme. I have a hard time getting the menu to come up and when the menu comes up, then I go through the process and at the end after turning airplane mode off, it show's 2-3 bars (I assume that's T-mobile) and then never comes up with the T-Mobile signal and goes to No Service.

I finally managed to get T-mobile by installing ultrasnow, but now my battery life sucks. Anyone have any solutions? I have ordered the new Gevey Ultra, but haven't received it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by troyy View Post
    I have 2 ip4's and started with the Gevey Pro. It worked fine until I had to reboot the phone, now I am having trouble getting it to unlock to T-mobile. Both iphones are on 4.3.3. One has the yellow Supreme and works fine. Can shut it off and on and always comes up T-Mobile. I've tried two different Gevey Pro cards, one Yellow Supreme and one Red Supreme. I have a hard time getting the menu to come up and when the menu comes up, then I go through the process and at the end after turning airplane mode off, it show's 2-3 bars (I assume that's T-mobile) and then never comes up with the T-Mobile signal and goes to No Service.

I finally managed to get T-mobile by installing ultrasnow, but now my battery life sucks. Anyone have any solutions? I have ordered the new Gevey Ultra, but haven't received it yet.
    Yeah this sounds about right. I had the same issue with gevey supreme. It unlocks for about 30 seconds and then goes to no service and then you get a sim failure. Installing ultrasnow gets the welcome menu to come up and allows you to unlock it without dropping the signal after 30 seconds about 50% of the time. Pretty much here's what I was doing to get gevey supreme to work- I had the ultrasnow deb file on my phone and I would install it through ifile. Then quickly I would quickly go into cydia and remove the package and respring before the welcome menu came up (if you leave ultrasnow installed and use gevey supreme, it drains your battery quickly on standby). Then I would get the menu after the respring and then go through the required unlock steps. The 50% of the time I would drop signal, I would just go back through the ultrasnow install and removal process and try to unlock again. It's a complete pain in the @ss.

I have a gevey ultra now. It works well.

Green Apple
    Thanks

@weaksos1
    Thanks for the confirmation that I'm not the only one. I was beginning to wonder after trying 2 Gevey Pro's, 1 Yellow Supreme and 1 Red Supreme. I've ordered the Ultra and am looking forward to something that actually works. I can live with the battery issue until the Ultra arrives.

@weaksos1
    Thanks for the confirmation that I'm not the only one.
    No prob.

I was beginning to wonder after trying 2 Gevey Pro's, 1 Yellow Supreme and 1 Red Supreme. I've ordered the Ultra and am looking forward to something that actually works. I can live with the battery issue until the Ultra arrives.
    I can only speak as to the yellow supremes (I have 2 of them), and imo the extra $20 or so that you pay for a legit ultra is well worth the extra cost because you save yourself the hassle and time of using a gevey supreme. It's also really nice to be able to reboot your phone quickly and easily when you're out somewhere (e.g. I rebooted my phone yesterday at a concert - no way I could have been sitting there messing around with my phone for 30 mins to get it to unlock).

Btw- even if you don't install furiousdeb and use a legit gevey ultra to manually unlock, it unlocks the first attempt every single time (assuming you do the process correctly). There's never a signal drop 30 seconds after unlocking like with the gevey supreme on ios 4.3.3.
    Last edited by weaksos1; 07-05-2011 at 01:16 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Great info. From the YouTube video's, it appears that it (the Ultra) goes through the whole process every time you shut off or reboot. Is that correct? Not a big deal, but I assume that it must take a minute or two every time you turn your phone back on and or reboot. My other ip4 with the yellow supreme can shut down and turn on and come back up right away. I'm not going the take any chances with rebooting unless absolutely necessary.

Great info. From the YouTube video's, it appears that it (the Ultra) goes through the whole process every time you shut off or reboot. Is that correct? Not a big deal, but I assume that it must take a minute or two every time you turn your phone back on and or reboot.
    Yup. If you install furiousdeb, it does the entire process by itself. You can literally reboot your phone, just place it on a desk, and it'll unlock in the background even if the screen is locked. The only thing you have to do is turn on data roaming for data. There's an SBsettings toggle for that as well, so it's not a big deal.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Got my Gevey Ultra yesterday and it seems to be working great. No battery drain and good strong signal. I'm very happy with it, I didn't like the Supreme or Supreme Pro. Glad I got the Ultra.

Default gevey supreme red
    hey guys im a seller of all gevey products and i must say that the gevey supreme cards are all just garbage man i have sold so many and have refunded so many because people stop reciving incomming calls and also they text msg then later they will recive all the text al at one time its kinda retarded if u ask me the gevey pro fakes or real are 30 times better then this junk i was hoping they would have been bad asss but some work fine and others are jus mangled and what u guys are saing about data i havnt had any problems with data not working on reboot at all gevey ultra also isnt that great at all i seem to find that the high copy gevey ultra is 30 times better then applenberrys but yah lemme know what u guys think about gevey supreme red i think its garbage and its a waste man wats teh pont of having a unlock if ur phone keeps going str8 to voicemail lol and u dont get text till 3 hours later

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12