Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: gevey activation ios 5.0

Default gevey activation ios 5.0
    Hi guys,

I cant sync my iPhone 4 with itune on ios 5.0 because I am not client of an official carrier. Therefore, I have to use the gevey card to use my phone.
    Is it possible to do something so I can sync my iPhone?

iphone 4 5.0 gsm

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ogerwolf View Post
    Hi guys,

I cant sync my iPhone 4 with itune on ios 5.0 because I am not client of an official carrier. Therefore, I have to use the gevey card to use my phone.
    Is it possible to do something so I can sync my iPhone?
    iphone 4 5.0 gsm
    Moved the thread to the correct forum for ya.

To the best of my knowledge, redsn0w 0.9.8b1 should bypass the activation on iOS 5.0, but you will need to jailbreak the device as well (which is a tethered jailbreak).

I do not know if the Gevey will work on iOS 5.0 for making calls on your unofficial carrier, or if SAM will help you legitimately activate your iPhone through iTunes after a jailbreak.

Default Ios 5.0
    The gevey works on iOs 5.0. However, it doesnt work when the firmware is jailbroken because the airplane mode doesnt work well. Also, the jailbreak didnt activate it .

Right now when I type activation ios 5 in google, there is no forum talking about my issue, its all about the udid thing...As though everybody uses official carrier LOL.