Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My iPhone is always "Searching" it never stops.

Thanks

Default My iPhone is always "Searching" it never stops.
    My iPhone 3GS is on 4.1 BB: 6.15 and after unlock it seemed to work fine. But it would constantly search and eventually get to "No Service" after a while the phone would start to reboot, so i did my methods like restore to a custom firmware, re install Ultrasn0w, restore to a clean firmware of 4.1, toggling airplane mode and 3G, resetting Network Settings, re installed the iPad Baseband.

It would work for an x amount of days then i have to repeat the procedures again. Sometimes it would fix itself if i left it off for a while but it only fixes it for a short amount of time.

It appears as if the problem got worse because now it just goes straight into "Searching" it never stops. Even when i take out the SIM card, restore it, or reboot it. Even when i did a clean restore it showed the "Searching bar"

I thought it was my SIM card so i put it into another phone and that wasn't the problem.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi sorry but thought Id just say Im in the same boat,Im quite an experienced jailbreaker too but have a 3gs BB 6.15.00 which wont unlock from UK tMOBILE/Orange to o2 pre paid or pay as you go no matter which ipsw I use,have tried 4.1 IOS to 4.33 jailbreaks easy but not unlock whether old or new ultrasn0w,Ive searched for weeks and tried custom IPSW as well as standard limerain redsn0w snowbreeze various versions and greenpoison all to no avail yet this and other websites say it is possible I continue to get searching followed by the dreaded no signal,luckily its a spare phone and I have a IP4 on 4.33 unlocked but my son isnt too happy as he wants my old 3GS
    any help much appreciated
    thanks

Thanks

Does yours get any form of signal? Mine receives signal for 2 hours then the dreaded searching, no service, and iPhone constantly rebooting begins. I usually turn it off for 4-7 hours then it starts working again for a small amount of time.

Does yours also disable the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth?