Results 1 to 7 of 7

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Unlock Possible for 4.1 + base 02.10.04?

  1. #1
    Question Unlock Possible for 4.1 + base 02.10.04?
    Hi guys,

    Just bought an iPhone 4 on ebay that is jailbroken. It has baseband 2.10.04 and is still firmware 4.1. Is there a way to unlock the phone without using a Gevey sim? Thanks!

  2. #2
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    not currently, the only way to unlock iphone 4's with a baseband higher than 2.10.04 is a gevey sim or depending on where you live, an imei unlock. either way will cost you money, sorry :/ but from my experience, the gevey pro works pretty well, i would go that route.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbleman7546 View Post
    not currently, the only way to unlock iphone 4's with a baseband higher than 2.10.04 is a gevey sim or depending on where you live, an imei unlock. either way will cost you money, sorry :/ but from my experience, the gevey pro works pretty well, i would go that route.
    Since I still have firmware 4.1, something like This wouldn't work?

  4. #4
    Super Galactic Moderator Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Omicron Persei Eight
    Posts
    5,705
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 579 Times in 528 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bascotie View Post
    Since I still have firmware 4.1, something like This wouldn't work?
    No.

    Your choices are a foreign interposition device (e.g., a Gevey or a Rebel) or an IMEI carrier unlock for a 02.10.04 baseband.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    No.

    Your choices are a foreign interposition device (e.g., a Gevey or a Rebel) or an IMEI carrier unlock for a 02.10.04 baseband.
    Aww thanks. Was hoping since that article was written today, that maybe it was a new unlock method. Besides putting a sim card in there, how can you tell if a phone is already unlocked?

  6. #6
    I use the Gevey Sim Pro, no problem.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by olavonh View Post
    I use the Gevey Sim Pro, no problem.
    Thanks. I considered Gevey but we're sending it as a gift to my aunt in another country and I don't think she'll be able to cut sim / work through the process to unlock. =/

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •