Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock Possible for 4.1 + base 02.10.04?

Question Unlock Possible for 4.1 + base 02.10.04?
    Hi guys,

Just bought an iPhone 4 on ebay that is jailbroken. It has baseband 2.10.04 and is still firmware 4.1. Is there a way to unlock the phone without using a Gevey sim? Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

not currently, the only way to unlock iphone 4's with a baseband higher than 2.10.04 is a gevey sim or depending on where you live, an imei unlock. either way will cost you money, sorry :/ but from my experience, the gevey pro works pretty well, i would go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbleman7546 View Post
    not currently, the only way to unlock iphone 4's with a baseband higher than 2.10.04 is a gevey sim or depending on where you live, an imei unlock. either way will cost you money, sorry :/ but from my experience, the gevey pro works pretty well, i would go that route.
    Since I still have firmware 4.1, something like This wouldn't work?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bascotie View Post
    Since I still have firmware 4.1, something like This wouldn't work?
    No.

Your choices are a foreign interposition device (e.g., a Gevey or a Rebel) or an IMEI carrier unlock for a 02.10.04 baseband.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    No.

Your choices are a foreign interposition device (e.g., a Gevey or a Rebel) or an IMEI carrier unlock for a 02.10.04 baseband.
    Aww thanks. Was hoping since that article was written today, that maybe it was a new unlock method. Besides putting a sim card in there, how can you tell if a phone is already unlocked?

I use the Gevey Sim Pro, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by olavonh View Post
    I use the Gevey Sim Pro, no problem.
    Thanks. I considered Gevey but we're sending it as a gift to my aunt in another country and I don't think she'll be able to cut sim / work through the process to unlock. =/