Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 02.10.04 Baseband Questions

Default 02.10.04 Baseband Questions
    I have an iPhone 4 with 02.10.04 baseband, and I haven't updated since 4.1.
    Anyways, what's the latest unlock/ jailbreak for 02.10.04? Should I just wait till iOS 5?

Last question, can I still use/ access my iPhone if I jailbreak it but don't unlock it? I got a different phone, so I'm not worried about using it as a phone. But I used it a lot for work, and school and I remember when I jailbroke with 4.1, I couldn't access my phone unless I unlocked it or put in a sim.

Thank you to anyone who can answer my questions.

There isn't one. There is nothing special about the 02.10.04 baseband, so upgrade or not, it doesn't matter.
    There is no unlock for iOS 5 either.
    Yes, all you really need to do is activate it with Redsn0w or some other similar program.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GnatGoSplat For This Useful Post:

zenhic (06-09-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
    There isn't one. There is nothing special about the 02.10.04 baseband, so upgrade or not, it doesn't matter.
    There is no unlock for iOS 5 either.
    Yes, all you really need to do is activate it with Redsn0w or some other similar program.
    Thank you for answering my questions. When I said if there are any upgrades for my baseband, I meant any firmware updates where I can unlock using my baseband, as 02.10.04 isn't the most compatible one. Sorry about not expanding.

So activating, and unlocking are two different things? I can just jailbreak to 4.3.3 and activate it using Redsn0w and I can access all my apps, wi-fi, mail, etc?

Yep, activating and unlocking are two different things. Well, jailbreaking is a 3rd thing. Activating means putting your phone in a state where it can be used. An unactivated phone is stuck in a screen saying it must be activated using iTunes. An activated one can be fully used. Unlocking is so you can use the phone with a different cell provider than the one that sold the phone (i.e. people unlock an AT&T phone to use on T-Mobile). Jailbreak installs Cydia and lets you install non-Apple approved apps.
    You can jailbreak if you'd like, but activation is all you really need to use the phone and RedSn0w will let you do it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GnatGoSplat For This Useful Post:

zenhic (06-09-2011)

Thank you so much for the help, I'm gonna go update, jailbreak, and activate. The long process begins.