+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do these guys do it?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I'm seeing a lot of unlocks available on ebay, in local stores and across an abundance of websites, and I want to know how all these guys manage to unlock
    Thanks
    Default How do these guys do it?
    I'm seeing a lot of unlocks available on ebay, in local stores and across an abundance of websites, and I want to know how all these guys manage to unlock such a range of iphones permanently?

Are they all using the methods advocated and detailed on this site or are there other alternatives available?

I've given a few examples below and would really like some more info if possible.

IPhone 4 Factory Unlocking Service Vodafone UK VR + 4.3 | eBay UK

Orange UK I-Phone 2G, 3G & 3GS SIM Unlocking Service | eBay UK

Unlock and Jailbreak all Apple iPhones

iPhone Worldwide: iPhone Unlock 2G, 3G, 3Gs & 4 - Easy, quick iPhone Guaranteed Software Unlock

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

They probably have somebody on the inside at Vodafone, Orange, or Apple and are set up to initiate unlocks on the Apple servers.
    No, they are not using the methods detailed on this site, they are doing a real factory IMEI unlocks.
    mod edit/link removed
    Last edited by blkcadi; 06-08-2011 at 11:40 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

alot of the euro carriers such as o2 and orange offer IMEI unlocks to there customers if the iphone is purchased from them. i've yet to see someone who can offer an IMEI unlock for phones originating outside of europe.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah, there is some sort of factory unlock insider thing going on there most likely. I think it's easy enough to just break out limera1n and such to unlock.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I had posted a link to an explanation of what the IMEI unlock is, how it works, and screen shots of the process, but mod removed the link. You should be able to Google it, this forum is very oddly, super strict about links to outside sites.