Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I Don't Think SAM Is Working....

Thanks

Default I Don't Think SAM Is Working....
    Hello All,

I have a 3G, with 4.2.1 installed, 6.15.00, and I've been having the battery drain issue for a while, and I've read all about SAM and the activation process, but I don't think it's working. The first reason is my battery is still super hot, and the phone keeps turning off. The second reason is I'm not too sure how to use SAM, it seems easy, a little too easy....

The final reason is after I deactivate the phone, I've never gotten anything saying the phone has been activated again. On this page, you can see where it says the phone was activated Activate iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G Officially Without Original SIM or Hacktivation with Redsn0w 0.9.6b6 & SAM | Redmond Pie, and I followed the instructions to the 'T', and I've never gotten any notification indicating success.

Can anyone help? Maybe I'm not using iTunes correctly?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEM View Post
    Hello All,

I have a 3G, with 4.2.1 installed, 6.15.00, and I've been having the battery drain issue for a while, and I've read all about SAM and the activation process, but I don't think it's working. The first reason is my battery is still super hot, and the phone keeps turning off. The second reason is I'm not too sure how to use SAM, it seems easy, a little too easy....

The final reason is after I deactivate the phone, I've never gotten anything saying the phone has been activated again. On this page, you can see where it says the phone was activated Activate iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G Officially Without Original SIM or Hacktivation with Redsn0w 0.9.6b6 & SAM | Redmond Pie, and I followed the instructions to the 'T', and I've never gotten any notification indicating success.

Can anyone help? Maybe I'm not using iTunes correctly?
    It has been a while since I did it, but after I deactivated, I had to use SAM manually by giving it my carrier name and country, then I got the wildcard activated message in SAM and when I launched itunes it just worked - it took a while, think it just said congratulations on my PC screen but the phone was there with the info display which had my new phone number. So all I can suggest is try to deactivate again, use SAM manually to activate, then try itunes. Only other thought is that your hosts file is blocking connection to the apple server - possibly due to using tiny umbrella.