+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Real gevey owners- are you able to reboot your phone without having to redo the unlock?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I bought a, presumably, fake gevey (original, not pro) from ebay for $7, and when I reboot my phone, it still keeps the carrier unlock (unless I shut it off
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Real gevey owners- are you able to reboot your phone without having to redo the unlock?
    I bought a, presumably, fake gevey (original, not pro) from ebay for $7, and when I reboot my phone, it still keeps the carrier unlock (unless I shut it off for a few mins). Is this normal? Can the real gevey do this?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weaksos1 View Post
    I bought a, presumably, fake gevey (original, not pro) from ebay for $7, and when I reboot my phone, it still keeps the carrier unlock (unless I shut it off for a few mins). Is this normal? Can the real gevey do this?
    After testing some of the fake gevey pros i also noticed that sometimes the phone would reboot fine without needing to do the steps. I don't think the legit gevey pros do this. The only thing I noticed about the fake gevey pros were that when i traveled long distances (cell tower to cell tower) i would lose signal and would need to redo the sim steps.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 13001r View Post
    After testing some of the fake gevey pros i also noticed that sometimes the phone would reboot fine without needing to do the steps. I don't think the legit gevey pros do this. The only thing I noticed about the fake gevey pros were that when i traveled long distances (cell tower to cell tower) i would lose signal and would need to redo the sim steps.
    Interesting... The only issue I ran into with this is when you go to "no service" because then when you restart the phone, the menu never shows up again (it just goes straight back to no service), meaning I have to pull the sim tray out to get back to the menu.

Banned
    Thanks

Of course you need to do the unlock again when re boot the iPhone,
    but now there is a gevey pro plus which seems figure out this issue, but now it's under pre-order.
    I just pre-ordered one from this site for 20bucks, I'll let you guys know how it works.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alukado View Post
    Of course you need to do the unlock again when re boot the iPhone,
    but now there is a gevey pro plus which seems figure out this issue, but now it's under pre-order.
    I just pre-ordered one from this site for 20bucks, I'll let you guys know how it works.
    gevey pro plus / supreme is fake and not made by gevey. The real gevey untethered (name hasn't been released yet) will release sometime next week.

Thanks

Is the new one out untethered? Also what is their official site? I googled it but the main result shows a pro which you say is fake correct?

Thanks

Finally activated my sim today, and this being able to reboot thing is worthless because I lose data on reboot for some reason (even though it keeps the carrier signal). The biggest issue with it is that almost every single time I get a sim failure 20 seconds after it unlocks, and then I'm forced to reboot in order to get the signal back. I'm just going to exchange this sim, but the idea of actually being able to reboot without having to go through that whole process was a nice one. Hopefully the new "untethered" unlock that gevey comes out with will be a better solution than this one.