Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I am going to buy an iphone 4 within the hour need someone to answer a question?

Default I am going to buy an iphone 4 within the hour need someone to answer a question?
    Hello,

i am going to buy an iphone 4 that has never been jailbroken or unlocked , it is running the orange network on firmware 4.2.1 baseband 03.10.01
    i am on vodafone network and would need to know could i unlock this phone to my network before i hand the money over to the seller?thanks

Only solution for using it on another network is the GEVEY SIM which is a hardware unlock. It has some additional steps you have to do every time you boot the iPhone, but otherwise it works well. It's also quite cheap.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WTFX For This Useful Post:

gerard2k7 (06-01-2011)

Seen a vid on youtube about that the other week , thanks for the info

Default If you have if you havent!!
    Yeah as the man says a Gevey sim interposer will solve all your unlocking need, Although these booster sims (Gevey) Are a highly illegal method of booting up your mobile and will catch up with you within time im sure! Goto Ebay and you,ll find people known as agents for Orange i believe they charge between 60 - 70 to fully imei unlock your iphone for some reason 02 is the cheapest the most exspensive and what i had done is a imei unlock from 3 that cost me 110 But all being said and done i had my unlocked iphone4 in about 2 hours i mailed him/her my imei and recieved a email about 20 mins later saying it could be done.I then paid by PayPal i got another mail thanking me for my payment & to plug my iphone into itunes in about an hour. Me being me i tried in about 30 mins and to my suprise it came u congratulations your iphone is now unlocked Yeeha happy as a coot i am whatever happens m8 they can be unlocked by greedy people who happen to have access to that cog of the machine and they'll always be about untill Apple makes it impossible to imei unlock iphones ota with the press of a greased palm on a keyboard. Ive even heard some mobile shops if put discretly enough can do this for you which is safer than E-Bay,Whatever you do take care m8 and good luck.