Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Sim Card installed, although I have inserted one.

Default No Sim Card installed, although I have inserted one.
    Hey sorry if this is in the wrong section, but Im having a massive problem which im sure has a simple solution.

My friend is going away to spain and as a present, she gave me her Iphone 4, although she didnt give me her sim. When i got home I decided to restore the iphone as I couldnt enter my personal Apple ID when getting apps. It is now restored but is asking me for a valid sim with no pin lock to activate the Iphone.

I have two Pay as you go Sims, T-Mobile and Vodafone, Using the online videos, i cut down my two chips into MicroSims, fairly well, although im not 100% sure that They are correct. (the golden bit is in full tact on both of them)

my problem is, if i insert any of the two chips, its still not working, am i putting the chips in the right way? what's wrong?

any help is much appreciated,

Thanks

Is the phone locked to a carrier?

your using the gevey right?
    Are You Not Entertained! Are You Not Entertained! Is this not why you are HERE!!!!"

Sorry I dont know what gevey is, im really not familiar with the many wording of iphone unlocking and other stuff.

As far as I am aware, it is locked to the carrier, but I went into a phone repair shop today and they inserted every chip of all the different carriers in the Uk atm, and none was recognised

oh gevey is a thing you put over your sim card to "unlock" the phone to be used for the iphone.

what carrier is it locked to? if it's ATT no other sim will work. only ATT will work. if you dig around you can read about the gevey thing. it "might" help you. keep us posted.
    Are You Not Entertained! Are You Not Entertained! Is this not why you are HERE!!!!"

Thanks, Ill look around for one, i think i saw one today in the shop.

If im not able to retrieve the original sim, there must be another way to get rid of this problem?

sort of. someone else might know a different way.

from my experience. get the gevey and it will trick the phone into thinking your sim is the right one. BUT PLEASE research. it's not as easy as it sounds. you have to dial 112. airplane mode.... redo...etc.

or

wait for the dev team to release the unlock for it. someday i hope.

or

sell the phone and get a normal phone with less drama and easy of usage

or

purchase the unlock for the iphone from a website

and don't for get. i'm assuming the phone is locked to ATT so only att will work or be accepted. it needs to be unlocked or tricked into accepting other GSM sim cards.
    Last edited by chessyang; 06-01-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Ok thanks, Sorry but what is ATT? and surely if I cant get even to the menu of the iphone, I wouldnt be able to run an unlock on it? although this gevey sounds as if it would work.

thanks in advance
    Last edited by naughtynun; 06-02-2011 at 03:27 AM.

AT&T i mean. the phone company. Locked to AT&T

to get the menu of the phone just plug it into itunes and it should remove the emergency calling.

i do not know about any websites that sell unlocking. (In my option i won't pay to get my phone unlocked) I just hear people spend the money to get there iphone unlocked.