+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Passcode Disabled 3GS

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Maybe a stupid question lads, but I was sold a passcode disabled 3gs the other day for 30 quid (probably nicked) and I've tried everything...no way to use iphone explorer,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Red face Passcode Disabled 3GS
    Maybe a stupid question lads, but I was sold a passcode disabled 3gs the other day for 30 quid (probably nicked) and I've tried everything...no way to use iphone explorer, or restore with itunes via DFU or whatever...can't force restart or even turn it off...I've heard of a program called injectpurple, but it's nowhere on the web...is there ANYTHING more I could do, or is it even worth my while bringing it to a shop? I have a jailbroken 3G already, and just fancied the cheap upgrade...couldn't care less where it came from as I'm broke, and have lost plenty of phones in the past...just wondering if any of you wizards or witches could help? thanks in advance...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'll be amazed if anyone knows the answer to this; I've wasted so much time on it already...and don't say "Go to an Apple Shop"...I don't want to pay for something I may be able to do myself.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

are you 100% sure it is in DFU mode? Try running redsn0w to help put it in DFU mode.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to goofball2k For This Useful Post:

eelface (05-31-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah I can't put it in DFU mode...the sleep button is disabled diue to the keylock disabled thing...so I can't connect to my computer via usb, and redsnow or any other jailbreaking program won't detect it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

So nothing happens if you hold the power and home button together for 15 seconds?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No, nothing at all...tried it a million times...headwrecker.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

hmmm...what about letting the phone drain of battery power completely, then trying to put into DFU?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to goofball2k For This Useful Post:

eelface (05-31-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I know I'm new to the forum, but I'm well versed in the jailbreaking scene...and the only possible solution I've read of is a forensic computer tool called "injectpurple" that can bypass passwords and data encryption on iphones...but sadly the guy who wrote it is apparently a cock, and won't release it as freeware or even for sale...I have no idea what to do next, so I'm trying to let the battery die and then I'll go at it again.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Another thing you will need is your SHSH blobs to restore any older iOS version. TinyUmbrella should work even if locked. The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

eelface (05-31-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah I know about the SHSH blobs, but as the phone can't be recognised via usb then Tiny Umbrella is useless too...believe me; I've tried all of the typical solutions...but to no avil...but thanks x

Maybe when it finally runs out of power I can retry some of these solutions...I dunno..
    Last edited by eelface; 05-31-2011 at 07:41 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nobody knows anything??? I'm disappointed! the SinfulIphone lads directed me here because they said you guys were a lot smarter than them...someone has to have been in this situation before!!! C'mon lads; I know you can help here...there's no way it could be bricked without a mistaken firmware update...and that hasn't happened...surely someone's come accross a passcode locked 3GS before???? there has to be a way around it!!! I'm at my wit's end....i know that there's something I'm missing, and that here is the right place to go for that missing nugget of genius...I beg you lot; please help!! I don't need to be taken by the hand; I'm not a total N00b gimp...I just need a decent pointer and I'm happy to do the legwork...please!

And there's gotta be a torrent for Injectpurple somewhere...someone here must know...

Honestly; If someone sorts me out here I'll be more than happy to trawl the threads and offer what knowledge I've got.
    I know a good bit at this stage, and I'd be glad to help.
    Last edited by eelface; 06-01-2011 at 08:11 PM.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It's possible (although unlikely) the 'lock' program modified some low-level boot code and you will never gain access. A thorough examination of your enemy (the 'lock') is needed.

Without USB or internal access, your options are few .. limited to hardware. If the drain battery trick didn't help, remove it for a day or two. Keep the battery low to force execution of the lowest level (and the hardest to modify) code.

I dont know 'inject purple or green or blue...' but I do know it's impossible to 'inject' anything without communications.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    It's possible (although unlikely) the 'lock' program modified some low-level boot code and you will never gain access. A thorough examination of your enemy (the 'lock') is needed.

Without USB or internal access, your options are few .. limited to hardware. If the drain battery trick didn't help, remove it for a day or two. Keep the battery low to force execution of the lowest level (and the hardest to modify) code.

I dont know 'inject purple or green or blue...' but I do know it's impossible to 'inject' anything without communications.
    Well, first off I just want to thank you for your reply...that's certinly the most intelligent answer i've had so far, and the most promising...I'm just about to try the drain the battery trick, so Ill pst back and let you know how that's gone....again; thanks a million for the reply x

And respect for your knowledge on the affair...but could you clarify what you mean by "keep the battery low"....should I have removed the battery at this point (If the drain trick hasn't worked?)
    Last edited by eelface; 06-02-2011 at 03:35 PM.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Not sure, but it may charge even when the USB circuit reports not connected. One more thing, try different DFU timings. On my 3GS, holding power+home for 8 seconds instead of 10 is more likely to work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah I got the connect to itunes screen, after holding home and connecting, and it said it needed to restore...so I shift restored using a snowbreeze 4.3.3 firmware and it gave me a 3194 error...now the poxy thing has power again and shows the iphone is disabled screen again...have to wait for it to drain again....any suggestions what firmware I should be using here, or jailbreaking tools? I pretty much have everything but I'm not sure what would be wisest to use...

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Ok ... that's progress. Communications Build on that success. Don't go directly to iTunes. Use the latest Redsnow to enter pwnd-DFU mode. Then shift/click load the custom ipsw w/iTunes. Should be error free.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

But won't Redsnow stop me from using a carrier unlock? I thought I'd need to create a custom firmware that preserved my baseband..

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No and yes. Redsnow has many options. Select 1 option only: 'just enter pwnd-DFU mode' then iTunes to load the custom firmware previously built by snowbreeze.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok cool....I'm just trying to kill the phone again and I'll let you know it goes...thanks again!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah no joy...it can only enter recovery mode, not DFU as the power button is locked...if I just update normally through itunes to 4.3.3 is there any way to jailbreak and unlock then? I should be able to get into dfu mode then.