+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unlock problem iphone 3GS

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I hope someone can help me here. I bought an "unlocked,jailbroken" iphone on ebay.(fw 4.3.2) I live in Europe. So when I tried to put my sim card in, it
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default unlock problem iphone 3GS
    I hope someone can help me here.
    I bought an "unlocked,jailbroken" iphone on ebay.(fw 4.3.2) I live in Europe. So when I tried to put my sim card in, it keeps saying searching or invalid sim. I guess that means that the phone is locked...
    Im so annoyed bc the baseband is 05.16.02 which cant be unlocked..
    Now a few questions..the guy claimed his friend unlocked it for him.

1. I checked cydia and I see ultrasn0w is installed, what does that mean? Does that mean he did unlock it and maybe i relocked it by mistake?
    when I connected the new phone to itunes, it asked me if I want to set it up as a new iphone or restore from backup so I restored from a backup, could that have locked the device? OR since it has baseband 05.16.02 it wasnt unlockable to begin with?

I first have to know if its my fault or the guys fault.
    Any help is appreciated!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

He lied. 5.16 is not an unlockable baseband with ultrasn0w... sorry. Your only option is to use redsn0w to flash the ipad 6.15 baseband in order to unlock.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You got scammed. If you're in desperate need of an unlock, I suggest you flash the iPad baseband... it's your only hope.
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks, apparently the one who sold it was told so by his friend who supposedly unlocked it for him, I think he was telling the truth since I asked what was used to unlock the phone he said redsn0w (which is a JB) so he doesnt know much about these things.
    Ok now onto my problem, I see I really dont have another choice bc otherwise the phone is useless but Im upset about the GPS since I was planning to use it...
    Now my questions.
    1.How do I know with what he jailbroke it? and in order to flash baseband, do i have to restore the phone and then rejailbreak it? or can I proceed like that? (Have no clue how to do it) and if I restore it, does there exist a untethered JB for the latest firmware? 4.3.3? I now have 4.3.2

Thanks for all help I can get :-)