Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with getting SIM to work on 3G & 3G[S]

Question Problem with getting SIM to work on 3G & 3G[S]
    i've installed mutiple iphones, old firmwares and new.. Enabled sim to work with ultrasn0w. but heres the problem.. i installed two iphones iOS 4.2.1 via sn0wbreeze which were on a 3G and 3G[S]. The sims worked fine. Till i reinstalled custom firmwares on both, and didn't put the SIMS in to check , since i knew it was unlocked. and now many weeks have gone by, and i put the sims in both. Both show searching, and then say no SIM.. i have also downgraded the 3G to 3.1.3 and then jailbroke it, and installed ultrasnow, nothing.. so reinstalled 3.1.3 and jailbroke it. now when i install ultrasnow, it gets stuck on the restarting/loading springboard screen, and doesnt go. i gotta power it off and on, and when i do..
    it shows that ultrasn0w is installed.. but when i put sim, it still searches and says no sim.. i tried airplane mode, reinstalling untrasn0w(still gets stuck on loading).. tried pressing the sim jacket hard.. and knocked it a few times.. and reset network settings, genneral settings, and restarted phone etc. no luck

Help would be appreciated..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You verified the basebands haven't somehow been accidentally upgraded to a not unlockable state?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

ryandigweed (05-30-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    You verified the basebands haven't somehow been accidentally upgraded to a not unlockable state?
    oh silly me.. on the 3G got iOS3, with BB 5.14.04 installed, and bootloader 06.02 .. looks like im stuck..don't know when the BB got updated..

So there aren't any fixes?.. since fuzzyband only works with Bootloader 5.08

Thanks

Your only choice is to upgrade the baseband to the iPad baseband of 6.15.00.

This may break GPS

6. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

ryandigweed (05-30-2011)

will the sim work?.. GPS going isnt issue, will it work for the 3G(S) as well?..

Done some research, and i found out that u can upgrade to the ipad baseband , and then later downgrade it to 5.13 also if u want to, but if you're going for iOS 4.3, then you've got to reinstall the ipad baseband again for the unlock to work. Then there's also a ultrasn0w fixer..
    Last edited by ryandigweed; 05-30-2011 at 05:34 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryandigweed View Post
    will the sim work?.. GPS going isnt issue, will it work for the 3G(S) as well?..

Done some research, and i found out that u can upgrade to the ipad baseband , and then later downgrade it to 5.13 also if u want to, but if you're going for iOS 4.3, then you've got to reinstall the ipad baseband again for the unlock to work. Then there's also a ultrasn0w fixer..
    Mind providing where you found this is possible?

Thanks

I thought that was what the devs planned on doing, but there hasnt been any advancements on it as of recent.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    I thought that was what the devs planned on doing, but there hasnt been any advancements on it as of recent.
    I thought so as well but given the recent achievements (or lack thereof) with unlocking basebands, I am hesitant to state that it is coming until we have definitive statements from the devs that it is still to be released.

Thanks

Yep that's what I thought. I didn't think there was anything definitive yet.