+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SAM Unlock

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before, I've searched but havent found anything. I have an iPhone 3g, 4.2.1. 6.15.0.00 BB. I am trying to unlock to fix
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default SAM Unlock
    Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before, I've searched but havent found anything.

I have an iPhone 3g, 4.2.1. 6.15.0.00 BB.

I am trying to unlock to fix the push and battery issue. I restored my phone, and when I d/l SAM, there is no option to "deactivate iPhone", just "deactivate iPhone (clear push)" in utilities.

Curious as to how I can fix this. SAM is version 1-11-0-1 or something. I looked at pics and older versions with the deactivate option was something like 1-3-0 or something.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i don't know much about SAM, i don't unlock.

I DO know redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 has a deactivate option however.

hope that helps.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by natebe View Post
    Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before, I've searched but havent found anything.

I have an iPhone 3g, 4.2.1. 6.15.0.00 BB.

I am trying to unlock to fix the push and battery issue. I restored my phone, and when I d/l SAM, there is no option to "deactivate iPhone", just "deactivate iPhone (clear push)" in utilities.

Curious as to how I can fix this. SAM is version 1-11-0-1 or something. I looked at pics and older versions with the deactivate option was something like 1-3-0 or something.
    SAM got nothing to do with unlocking - just activation. ultrasn0w does the unlock.

As for SAM... yes, it is in the utilities section. I think it actually says deactivate will clear push sessions and to reactivate in itunes which should refresh push cert's. if you have an original ATT sim, use it to activate and then you can actually uninstall SAM. If not use SAM to provide the activation for itunes. you can then d/l push checker from cydia to test push (part of pushfix, but you do not need to buy pushfix, just use the free push checker). some apps may need to be reinstalled after fixing push.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bondkt View Post
    i don't know much about SAM, i don't unlock.

I DO know redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 has a deactivate option however.

hope that helps.
    Yeah, I use the deactivate option in redsnow but it doesn't do anything for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cheme75 View Post
    SAM got nothing to do with unlocking - just activation. ultrasn0w does the unlock.

As for SAM... yes, it is in the utilities section. I think it actually says deactivate will clear push sessions and to reactivate in itunes which should refresh push cert's. if you have an original ATT sim, use it to activate and then you can actually uninstall SAM. If not use SAM to provide the activation for itunes. you can then d/l push checker from cydia to test push (part of pushfix, but you do not need to buy pushfix, just use the free push checker). some apps may need to be reinstalled after fixing push.
    Yeah, I meant to put "SAM and Unlocking". Anyway, I'm in Canada, and when I deactivate in redsnow, I will go to SAM, it restore to lockdownd, and then deactivate iphone(push cert) or wahtever it is, but it doesn't do anything at all. It's mostly frustrating right now lol. I lose alot of battery power fast, and the push would be nice.

As for the SIM. Does it matter where the phone is from? Because I honestly don't know, for all I know it could be from overseas. Do I just need an official SIM from here? Or would it have to be from where the phone is from? Thanks budddy.

BTW, here is what I mean.

This is my SAM Settings.

And here are the settings from other versions of SAM.

And here is what is under utilities on my phone.

Last edited by natebe; 05-20-2011 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Show us what's on the more information tab

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magitekkn View Post
    Show us what's on the more information tab
    pic removed
    Last edited by natebe; 05-20-2011 at 12:23 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Sorry I don't know how to use SAM+redsn0w but I just wanted to tell you to remove your IMEI from the picture. It's not safe to have that floating around the web.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You're deactivated, make sure SAM is set to on and connect to iTunes, it should change the ActivationState to Wildcard activated, that's where you want to be.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

OK Annie, thx, And maybe I'll make a video showing you guys what I mean, I just can't get the phone to dactivate with SAM/Redsnow

I fixed all my problems. Just went out and bought a brand new iPhone 4 thru my carrier haha, thanks everyone.
    Last edited by natebe; 05-20-2011 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost