Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak 4.2.1 and unlock

Default Jailbreak 4.2.1 and unlock
    I was suggested to upgrade to 4.3.3, but how do I do that and preserve my baseband? That is 03.10.01
    Is that baseband unlockable?

What is your current baseband?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alejoarango10 View Post
    I was suggested to upgrade to 4.3.3, but how do I do that and preserve my baseband? That is 03.10.01
    Is that baseband unlockable?
    NO, the 3.10.01 baseband is not unlockable.

There's no real advantages to going to 4.3.3

I'm still on 4.2.1

But if you would like to go to 4.3.3 and maintain the baseband, you will have to make a custom ipsw with snowbreeze or PwnageTool
    Last edited by Turnamental; 05-19-2011 at 01:27 AM.
    iPhone 4S iOS 5.0 Non JB
    ~OSx Lion 10.7.2 Hackintosh Pro Dual Boot Win7 @ 4.5GHz
    Rock River AR-15 5.56mm NATO
    ~9mm S&W Sigma
    We carry iPhones and guns here in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Turnamental View Post
    NO, the 3.10.01 baseband is not unlockable.

There's no real advantages to going to 4.3.3

I'm still on 4.2.1

But if you would like to go to 4.3.3 and maintain the baseband, you will have to make a custom ipsw with snowbreeze or PwnageTool
    Is there any way to unlock an iphone 4 with 4.2.1 and 3.10.01?
    I don't mind upgrading to a different firmware or baseband. I just need my phone unlocked.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westendriots View Post
    Is there any way to unlock an iphone 4 with 4.2.1 and 3.10.01?
    I don't mind upgrading to a different firmware or baseband. I just need my phone unlocked.
    No man, unfortunately there is not. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westendriots View Post
    Is there any way to unlock an iphone 4 with 4.2.1 and 3.10.01? ...
    No software unlock exists. Some have used the Gevy and Rebel sim cards with various levels of success. No guarantees!

My current baseband is 03.10.01

If 03.10.01 is not unlockable, is there a way I can change to a baseband that is?

Thanks

^no sorry there's not.

Quote Originally Posted by A3gOwner View Post
    ^no sorry there's not.
    Can I change my baseband to that of any other iPhone, say, through tiny umbrella using some friend's iPhone's baseband?
    If I'm going to upgrade to 4.3.3 in order to JB using sn0wbreeze 2.7, is there a way to know what baseband is the upgrade going to install on my iPhone?
    Tks

Thanks

Can I change my baseband to that of any other iPhone, say, through tiny umbrella using some friend's iPhone's baseband?
    If I'm going to upgrade to 4.3.3 in order to JB using sn0wbreeze 2.7, is there a way to know what baseband is the upgrade going to install on my iPhone?
    Tks
    sn0wbreeze will preserve your current BB. But, at this point it is doubtful that it makes any difference since none of the new iph4 BBs are unlockable and it is impossible for you to go back. going from 3.10 to 4.10 or later is hard to predict any impact - may never make any difference. It is highly unlikely any unlock will be forthcoming and if it does, most likely will be for a newer rather than older BB.

There are signed shsh files for each handset - each is unique - tinyumbrella saves these on your computer in a .shsh folder and on the cydia server. you can only use those specific to your device to go back. if you do not have the shsh for the ipsw version with the older and unlockable BB, then you are out of luck... 4.01 I believe is the last unlockable ipsw version with BB 1.29, I think - none after are unlockable for the iph4, period, end of story!

as mentioned, the gevey or rebel sim may be the only option but also comes with some risks, most due to the need to call 112 to activate it and upon every reboot... 112 is an older emergency number still used in many areas - I am in Norway now and it is currently in service here. I think in the US is get routed to 911.

Thanks a lot, best answer I've ever gotten.
    In that case, I'll update my BB hoping an unlock comes out for the newer one
    Tks again

Thanks

Thanks a lot, best answer I've ever gotten.
    In that case, I'll update my BB hoping an unlock comes out for the newer one
    Tks again
    glad it was helpful.

I have an iPhone 4 with baseband 1.59 running iOS 4.0. Am I safe to upgrade to 4.3.3 or will the upgrade change the baseband to one that will no longer support the unlock?

Quote Originally Posted by sptv View Post
    I have an iPhone 4 with baseband 1.59 running iOS 4.0. Am I safe to upgrade to 4.3.3 or will the upgrade change the baseband to one that will no longer support the unlock?
    You have to use a custom ipsw while updating or use TinyUmbrella to preserve that golden, only unlockable iPhone 4 baseband.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFX View Post
    You have to use a custom ipsw while updating or use TinyUmbrella to preserve that golden, only unlockable iPhone 4 baseband.
    appreciate the quick response. How do I do that?

Check this guide for TinyUmbrella method: The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella: Prevent iPhone4 Baseband Update
    sn0wbreeze & pwnagetool are a bit more advanced, but tbh, I prefer this method.

Check this guide for TinyUmbrella method: The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella: Prevent iPhone4 Baseband Update
    sn0wbreeze & pwnagetool are a bit more advanced, but tbh, I prefer this method.

Gotcha. So I can do this, no problem. But is it safe? I have an AT&T iphone that I replace SIM card with one from Rogers for use in Canada. Need to know that there are no problems/unlock/jailbreak isn't buggy. I'm still on 4.0 now and the unlock works fine. Don't want to jeopardize anything. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sptv View Post
    Gotcha. So I can do this, no problem. But is it safe? I have an AT&T iphone that I replace SIM card with one from Rogers for use in Canada. Need to know that there are no problems/unlock/jailbreak isn't buggy. I'm still on 4.0 now and the unlock works fine. Don't want to jeopardize anything. Thanks.
    Just make sure the gs.apple.com entry is indeed in your hosts file after running and closing TinyUmbrella before doing the update procedure itself and you should be fine.

Just make sure the gs.apple.com entry is indeed in your hosts file after running and closing TinyUmbrella before doing the update procedure itself and you should be fine.
    I was planning to do it with pwnage. What would be the process then?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast