Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 106

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: (How to) Unlock iPhone 4 with o2

  1. #1
    Default (How to) Unlock iPhone 4 with o2
    First step is you need an o2 sim card (look on ebay.co.uk or eBay.com) then you need a gevey sim to unlock the iPhone temporarily (if you are unlocking an iPhone 4). Once you get the o2 sim, buy a 20 topup VOUCHER. This must be from eBay.co.uk. Put the gevey sim + o2 sim into your phone and it should roam to AT&T or tmobile. When you get the o2 sim in your phone, give your phone number (found under settings, phone) to the voucher provider. Make sure that they are not going to text you the voucher as your sim isn't activated yet. This whole process will cost around $75-100 usd.
    Once you have added your 20 topup, make two short calls. One to a number in the united states, and one to a number in the UK to ensure that your phone gets registered on their network. Then, go to this link
    "https://server.lon.liveperson.net/hc/63960994/?cmd=file&file=visitorWantsToChat&site=63960994&by href=0" an fill out the form. Tell the rep that you want to unlock the phone. You could also go to o2's website and fillout the unlock request form.
    Then all you have to do is wait 6-10 days and you should have an unlock!
    Last edited by Macmac80210; 05-17-2011 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Money

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Macmac80210 For This Useful Post:

    daytonaviolet (05-17-2011)

  3. #2
    The procedure you've described is not exactly new, but your confidence that it is reliably repeatable is. Can you show evidence that you've successfully completed an unlock for an AT&T iPhone (or 2+ iPhones would be even better)?

    Thanks.

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by magitekkn View Post
    The procedure you've described is not exactly new, but your confidence that it is reliably repeatable is. Can you show evidence that you've successfully completed an unlock for an AT&T iPhone (or 2+ iPhones would be even better)?

    Thanks.
    I am on vacation now (I will be back in 10 days) and when come back, I can proove it. I have unlocked one iPhone 4 but will unlock my other iPhones when I get back. This post is to clarify for all of those who want a solid unlock or are confused about how to get o2 to unlock the phone. I read a lot of forums and I saw a lot of bad info so this is just to help off of those people.

  5. #4
    if this worked, then thats great. it proves that my theory would have worked if i had a locked ip4 to work on. you did all the steps which i did, except i didnt top-up successfully yet. i have 4 activated 02 cards that i want to try.

    btw, have you updated from bb 1.59 --> to 4.10.01 yet? im assuming you got the "Congratulations, your unlocked" message from iTunes when you upgraded??
    Last edited by daytonaviolet; 05-17-2011 at 05:42 PM.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    if this worked, then thats great. it proves that my theory would have worked if i had a locked ip4 to work on. you did all the steps which i did, except i didnt top-up successfully yet. i have 4 activated 02 cards that i want to try.

    btw, have you updated from bb 1.59 --> to 4.10.01 yet? im assuming you got the "Congratulations, your unlocked" message from iTunes when you upgraded??
    O2 TOP UP VOUCHER 20 | eBay UK

    This guy will top up for you. Should solve your problems and let u top up. Yes. I got all of the "congratulations "messages. Good luck bud!

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Macmac80210 View Post
    O2 TOP UP VOUCHER 20 | eBay UK

    This guy will top up for you. Should solve your problems and let u top up. Yes. I got all of the "congratulations "messages. Good luck bud!
    thanks.. so im assuming this is the guy you used? actually i got to the very end of the top-up. what happened was i bank at WFB and they declined the transaction. but, perhaps its best if i just use this ebay guy.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    thanks.. so im assuming this is the guy you used? actually i got to the very end of the top-up. what happened was i bank at WFB and they declined the transaction. but, perhaps its best if i just use this ebay guy.
    Yes I used him and he worked very well.

  9. #8
    Macmac: what was your timeframe between the debiting of funds from your sim and receiving the text from O2 that your iPhone was unlocked?

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by magitekkn View Post
    Macmac: what was your timeframe between the debiting of funds from your sim and receiving the text from O2 that your iPhone was unlocked?
    Between 24-36 hours?

  11. #10
    I'm going to give this a shot, hopefully it works. If it does, I've got at least 3 more iPhones to do this to!

    Can the same SIM be used to unlock multiple iPhones? (Obviously topping up each time)
    Last edited by terraphantm; 05-18-2011 at 12:52 AM.

  12. #11
    sorry for the noob quesiton. what is the 02 sim?

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Macmac80210 View Post
    First step is you need an o2 sim card (look on ebay.co.uk or eBay.com) then you need a gevey sim to unlock the iPhone temporarily (if you are unlocking an iPhone 4). Once you get the o2 sim, buy a 20 topup VOUCHER. This must be from eBay.co.uk. Put the gevey sim + o2 sim into your phone and it should roam to AT&T or tmobile. When you get the o2 sim in your phone, give your phone number (found under settings, phone) to the voucher provider. Make sure that they are not going to text you the voucher as your sim isn't activated yet. This whole process will cost around $75-100 usd.
    Once you have added your 20 topup, make two short calls. One to a number in the united states, and one to a number in the UK to ensure that your phone gets registered on their network. Then, go to this link
    "https://server.lon.liveperson.net/hc/63960994/?cmd=file&file=visitorWantsToChat&site=63960994&by href=0" an fill out the form. Tell the rep that you want to unlock the phone. You could also go to o2's website and fillout the unlock request form.
    Then all you have to do is wait 6-10 days and you should have an unlock!
    for the o2 sim card can it be the prepaid sim cards?

  14. #13
    also. does anyone know where to get a legit gevey sim?

  15. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by xbillbillx View Post
    also. does anyone know where to get a legit gevey sim?
    if you're looking for legit gevey pros I sell them on ebay

    GEVEY PRO IPHONE 4 UNLOCK TURBO SIM 4.3.2 UNLOCKED | eBay

  16. #15
    Cool! Just keep is posted! And maybe you can help me prove to @magiteekkn that this works

  17. #16
    I want this to work as much as the next guy. I am currently waiting on my unlock to be fulfilled (48h since debit and counting)
    Out of curiosity, which UK number did you call to allow the phone to register on O2? This has typically been the sticking point for many foreigners using O2 iPhones (as evidenced by the O2 support forums)

  18. #17
    From what I've read. You HAVE TO chat with a rep.
    I chatted with a rep and she unlocked it.
    People who are filling out the unlock form, are getting errors.

    And I called 2 numbers. One in the united states (my home number in the US) plus +44 20 7267 7570 which is a mckie dees.

    Did u leave your o2 card in your phone during the whole process? Even the waiting? Did u fill out the form or chat with a rep?
    Last edited by Macmac80210; 05-18-2011 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  19. #18
    I'm interested in trying this.
    I need more info on what O2 sim to purchase.
    Can you get O2 paygo microsims that are pre-activated?

    If not, how do you activate the SIM from North America?

  20. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Netcruzer View Post
    I'm interested in trying this.
    I need more info on what O2 sim to purchase.
    Can you get O2 paygo microsims that are pre-activated?

    If not, how do you activate the SIM from North America?
    I believe he used the eBay uk link. I tried topping up my o2 sim again last night by dial 4444. Its suppose to accept ATM debit top-up over the phone. But I didn't go through. So another option is to have someone in uk top-op your o2 sim card. From there you can make a few calls in USA to Uk. I believe the op posted he eBay top-op seller and a UK mcdonalds phone number. After making the calls, perhaps in 2 days then you can contact an O2 customer service rep and request an unlock. They can verify your topop and that in fact you've made calls on there network. The process is kinda like a catch22. O2 csr is suppose to only unlock phone which are on the o2 network. Which Also means the IMEI origin is suppose to be from UK if purchased from O2. But if your calling from USA (Att network) and are using an o2 sim... Why would you need an unlock??? Lol... Just don't tell the CSR your using a Gevey to trick the system

  21. #20
    I wasn't asking about topup, I'm talking about buying and activating a physical O2 sim card.

    Ebay shows normal sim, micro sim, some have phone numbers already, others don't, etc...

    What is the best SIM to buy, and how to you activate it?

    I understand I'll need to top-up from that other ebay link already provided after I'm activated.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •