Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Here's how to turn your welcome screen English (GEVEY)

Lightbulb Here's how to turn your welcome screen English (GEVEY)
    I discovered this by accident. Mine was English as soon as I got it. I had seen the instructions mention the ability to change the language through STK, but when I went to check the options I could only see the STK of my SIM, not GEVEY's.

So here's the trick:
    1. Put your GEVEY & SIM in and turn on your phone as usual.
    2. Press 'Cancel' on the Welcome screen (the left button iirc).
    3. Now go to Settings -> Phone -> SIM Applications
    4. You should now see the GEVEY options! Press English and then press back (should read 'Phone' atm I think). The welcome screen should now show up in English!
    5. Perhaps restart your phone and see if the setting indeed sticks and whether your welcome screen is now in English every time or not (couldn't really test as mine was English to begin with).
    6. Profit?

The language change is pretty much entirely cosmetical, but I thought I'd throw this out there. I thought the STK was BS, since if one doesn't press 'Cancel' in the welcome screen, but instead carries out the steps to get the SIM working, one won't see the GEVEY STK, but instead the SIM's.
    Let me know how it works out for you.

(some people probably know this already.. but this for those who didn't.. )

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WTFX For This Useful Post:

chessyang (05-17-2011)

well that was fun!

no it sucked i had re do the 112 calling crap ... lolz.. oh well thanks anywho
    Are You Not Entertained! Are You Not Entertained! Is this not why you are HERE!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by chessyang View Post
    well that was fun!

no it sucked i had re do the 112 calling crap ... lolz.. oh well thanks anywho

Well, did the setting stick? I mean was it in English now after you rebooted..? Or maybe you didn't reboot.. err.. No, i'm not asking you to reboot again..

no thanks on the reboot! hahahahah

but like you said it's good to know. just in case.
    Are You Not Entertained! Are You Not Entertained! Is this not why you are HERE!!!!"