Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Legit vs. Fake Gevey Pro Guide WITH PICS!!!!

Default Legit vs. Fake Gevey Pro Guide WITH PICS!!!!
    ebay listing to 100% legit gevey pros (30- day warranty) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250810149239

----other info----
    ** just fyi gevey doesn't even make a "no sim cut needed" sim. **

most of the fakes are made by i-smart sim (aka ismartphone which had a horrible rep during the iphone 3g turbo sim era) they also sell unbranded ones while branding others as gevey.
    Last edited by 13001r; 05-18-2011 at 04:29 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 13001r For This Useful Post:

indyzzzz (05-15-2011), WTFX (05-14-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Hey, this is awesome for people wanting to know if they got fakes or the real thing. Thanks so much for posting this.

Interesting. But why does it matter if it is real or fake when both appear to work? (I assume the fake ones work because the people who sell them on ebay seem to have almost all positive feedback for their fake gevey sales).

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Sometimes depending on the quality of the fake, the performance isn't very good. The fake ones work, they just either don't work well or they crap out on you in a short amount of time.

It depends on if the fake is a pretty good quality or not. Just because they all work doesn't mean they're all the same. I'm sure if someone bought a pair of Nikes and they got some fakes in the mail, they'd be upset. They're still shoes and work the same as any other shoe though. Or not? Sometimes brand = quality (not all the time but a lot of the time)

i bought 3 of the gevey pro of ebay
    there are real because they look like the sims in the pic above here are some shots of the package iphone camera wasnt very good on the focus so i just took the packaging

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

but these drain my battery like hell i lose like 10 percent in like 40 mins
    so these still drain as fakes

Quote Originally Posted by liteon6x View Post
    i bought 3 of the gevey pro of ebay
    there are real because they look like the sims in the pic above here are some shots of the package iphone camera wasnt very good on the focus so i just took the packaging

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

but these drain my battery like hell i lose like 10 percent in like 40 mins
    so these still drain as fakes
    I have a real gevey pro as well, and can say the exact same thing about battery life. Absolutely HORRID

Quote Originally Posted by bballcat03 View Post
    I have a real gevey pro as well, and can say the exact same thing about battery life. Absolutely HORRID
    Guess I was right earlier when I mentioned that the Pros might not be any better than fakes since they don't use F981 anymore. I've heard of nothing but battery drain issues wih the legit Pro. Guess it's better to go with the ordinary GEVEY and even many fakes have no battery drain. At least mine doesn't and I'm holding on to it unless I'm able to find the older legit GEVEY with an F981 chip.

My 2 cents. I got a regular Gevey (may be fake, I dunno) on ebay from a Hong Kong seller with thousands of positive feedback. The only reason I suspect its fake is because I paid less than $10 including shipping.

Ive had no battery drain issues whatsoever. Wish they were untethered.

i am glad i am not been crazy i thought it was the iphone rentina screen killing my bat but my friend had bought a fake gevey but it was a ***** to get activated but when it worked it never drained the bat

do u guys think its a good idea to buy one on the no cuts pros on ebay right now i just want a gvey that wont drain my battery
    Last edited by liteon6x; 05-15-2011 at 11:29 AM.

Anything that says "no cut" is a fake!

They ALL have to be cut. Run away fast

Anything that says "no cut" is a fake!

They ALL have to be cut. Run away fast
    i have had gevy that where fake in the past that didnt drain my bat all that happened was that it was a ***** to start and the accept menu was in chinnesse. since the current legit gevey pro are draing batts tooo

i would rather buy a fake that doesnt drain my batt

battery drain issues: Do you have a custom firmeware? Do you have ultrasnow installed?

i had a fake gevey when the f98 chips where been used by the legit geveys
    that i used on my phone which is jaibroken by the way with redsnow and no ultrasnow installed and it didnt drain with that till i bought the pro chip which they said was better but is not drains like hell

Quote Originally Posted by MobileFire View Post
    battery drain issues: Do you have a custom firmeware? Do you have ultrasnow installed?
    no on the custom...how would we have ultras0w installed? That makes no sense at all....

would anyone post a reliable gevey pro's sellers of ebay, be it fake or genuine.

well would buying fakes go against the law?

I would be very helpful if gevey or applenberry would post detailed pics of their own products on their website.

no on the custom...how would we have ultras0w installed? That makes no sense at all....
    Custom firmware for preserving an old baseband (for future softunlocks). And, so far i know, ultrasn0w to fixing the signal bar issue.
    Last edited by MobileFire; 05-16-2011 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13001r View Post
    -snip-
    thanks for post! Enjoy the pics. Its like everyday there's another post asking about this. Now I can just forward them here.

My eBay knock off is fine for now. Battery is fine. Signal does random reconnects or drops. But calls are fine when connected.

Quote Originally Posted by jijai View Post
    I have a fake one and it's ok. but be careful when you do the 112 thing. 2 seconds or just 1! 112 is 911 and still active in some countries! like all 911, if it's not an emergency then calling 911 you can be fined or whatever....
    Last edited by chessyang; 05-16-2011 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jijai View Post
    would anyone post a reliable gevey pro's sellers of ebay, be it fake or genuine.

replied to your PM, and here is a Hong Kong seller with thousands of positive feedback : (*This is for Gevey REGULAR, not PRO.)

GEVEY TURBO SIM UNLOCK IPHONE 4 | eBay

From what Ive read, the Gevey Pro has battery drain issues, but is more compatible with newer basebands. Im on 2.10.04 (one of my iPhones), and the regular Gevey works just fine.
    Last edited by indyzzzz; 05-16-2011 at 01:24 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to indyzzzz For This Useful Post:

jijai (05-16-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by indyzzzz View Post
    replied to your PM, and here is a Hong Kong seller with thousands of positive feedback : (*This is for Gevey REGULAR, not PRO.)

GEVEY TURBO SIM UNLOCK IPHONE 4 | eBay

From what Ive read, the Gevey Pro has battery drain issues, but is more compatible with newer basebands. Im on 2.10.04 (one of my iPhones), and the regular Gevey works just fine.
    Would this one work on FM:4.3.3 BD:4.10.1?? I noticed it's not on the item description but maybe someone used it and worked

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Sometimes depending on the quality of the fake, the performance isn't very good. The fake ones work, they just either don't work well or they crap out on you in a short amount of time.

It depends on if the fake is a pretty good quality or not. Just because they all work doesn't mean they're all the same. I'm sure if someone bought a pair of Nikes and they got some fakes in the mail, they'd be upset. They're still shoes and work the same as any other shoe though. Or not? Sometimes brand = quality (not all the time but a lot of the time)
    Right, but if you bought jordans for $5 shipped from China, you have a pretty good idea that they aren't the real deal. But if they look the same and function the same, then who really cares? I guess its an issue if the fake gevey sim doesn't work or doesn't work well, but I assume that can't be true because these people who are selling fakes have a ton of positive feedback. And people and ebay are pretty picky when it comes to this stuff, so they would leave negative feedback if it didn't work properly. I guess the one other possibility is that they leave positive feedback and then it craps out a month later. But I guess for $6 shipped, it's not a huge loss lol

Also, based on what people are saying in this thread, it actually sounds like the fake gevey sims are better than the real ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast