+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: O2 Unlock

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys, i know there was a similar forum on this topic. i've read through this but it hasn't helped me. basically, i had bought my iphone 3gs from O2
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default O2 Unlock
    Hey guys, i know there was a similar forum on this topic. i've read through this but it hasn't helped me. basically, i had bought my iphone 3gs from O2 off contract, i.e., i paid the full price for the phone. but then i moved back to canada and my phone wouldn't work with any of the networks here. i ended up unlocking it via ultrasnow after updating to the ipad baseband. but then i read on modmyi how some people had their phones unlocked by O2. so i contacted them a couple of weeks ago and said since i bought this off contract would they unlock my phone. got an email from them today saying apple has unlocked my IMEI and that i should put a new sim in it and connect to itunes and i should get a message saying this phone is unlocked. so i uninstalled ultrasnow and connected it to itunes, but after syncing it doesn't give me any message, not even invalid sim message. but my fido/rogers sim isn't working anymore without ultrasnow.

any idea what i'm doing wrong. do you think its the ipad baseband that's causing problem? i've tried resetting the network settings on the phone but still no message from itunes.

don't think i can just update or restore in itunes because i have the ipad baseband on this iphone.

appreciate the help guys.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Contact o2 again and verify the imei is in deed unlocked. Bb should not matter.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Or try putting the O2 sim back in, sync with iTunes and then put your other sim back.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Although the bb shouldn't matter, it might just since you're not using a standard iPhone baseband.

I've never seen anyone get a carrier unlock with the iPad baseband.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Although the bb shouldn't matter, it might just since you're not using a standard iPhone baseband.

+1, but the iPad baseband shouldn't alter the seczone or the IMSI masking filter (traditional or wildcard unlock, respectively).

OP: Install SAM (from Cydia repo http://repo.bingner.com), and select "De-Activate" then plug in your O2 SIM and connect to iTunes. That should generate a new wildcard ticket for your phone, and if O2 came through for you, it'll be an "allow all IMSI masks" ticket (aka an official unlock).
    Last edited by Orby; 05-14-2011 at 04:03 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Yeah I have no idea what you're talking about when you do that techy talk. But I'm sure you're absolutely right

Green Apple
    Thanks

You dont haVe to worry about Having the ipad baseband 06.15.00 on you Iphone.IT DOESNT AFFECT THE FACTORY UNLOCK PROCESS IN BIT.IT STILL UNLOCKS WHEN YOU CONNECT IT TO ITUNES,IV TRIED THIS ALREADY,YOU DONT HAVE TO DO A RESTORE EITHER.JUST PUT THE CANADA SIM IN YOUR IPHONE AND CONNECT TO ITUNES,IF IT DOESNT WORK TRY A FEW TIME OR CALL O2 AGAIN.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys, thanks for such helpful responses. I was busy with a course over the last month so didn't get time to come online. I'll try your suggestions in the morning. Will come back to thank you officially as well then

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post

Baseband 06.15.00 iphone 3GS factory unlocked on o2 UK confirmed.Baseband is not an issue in any way shape or form.