+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs needs activating!

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi guys, I dont know if someone could help me out.... I have a 3gs new bootrom on 4.2.1 that was jailbroken untethered with redsn0w and updated to the ipad
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3gs needs activating!
    Hi guys, I dont know if someone could help me out....

I have a 3gs new bootrom on 4.2.1 that was jailbroken untethered with redsn0w and updated to the ipad baseband. It has crashed recently, so I used redsn0w to pop it into a pwned state before shift/restoring in itunes with a custom firmware. Trouble is, since doing so I am getting the connect to itunes logo on the phone, but dont have an original sim. I assume the custom firmware I had did not include hacktivation. Has anyone got a 4.2.1 custom firmware that supports hacktivation and the ipad baseband I could have please, or could I use sn0wbreeze 2.2 to hacktivate it?

Cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You already have the iPad baseband installed, you can't use a custom firmware **with an iPad baseband packaged (sorry I left this part out)** to restore to or it's going to keep you stuck in recovery mode.

Go and make a custom 4.2.1 (if you have SHSHs for it, if you don't you'll need to make one for 4.3.3) and use Sn0wbreeze 2.2.1 (for 4.2.1, if for 4.3.3 you'll need the newest sn0wbreeze version from ih8sn0w.com) to create the custom fw that is "activated." You can select the option to hacktivate by going into sn0wbreeze in expert mode and in the general menu select "activate."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks very much for that, much appreciated. As I dont have SHSH for 4.2.1, I will try the latest sn0wbreeze route for 4.3.3.

Cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

No problem. Hope it works out for you, let me know if you run into any trouble.