Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey "Sim Failure" What am I doing wrong?? [Pics]

Default Gevey "Sim Failure" What am I doing wrong?? [Pics]
    Im tryin so hard to get this Gevey stuff working and I am having no luck.

I enter in the sim with the Gevey I dont get a welcome screen and it reads 'sim failure' with INVALID SIM in the corner where it should say "No service"

At first I thought I cut the sim wrong. So ive tried it with 5 different sims now and no Luck.

On top of that I got a replacement Gevey and its still not working. On the eBay sellers feedback he has like 99.9% feedback with numerous A++++ postive feedbacks for Gevey sims by legit people.

Ive tried turning of Data and 3G when doing it and that doesnt work. I bought an brand new sim this morning and a sim cutter and that didnt work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_7603.jpg   -img_7603k.jpg   -img_7604.jpg   -img_7605.jpg   -img_7606.jpg  
    Last edited by Reginald1; 05-13-2011 at 09:19 AM.

Show us profile picture when you put your sim in sim tray with gevey sim car in it.

just wonder or my 2 cents. has the phone been activated or in itunes it loads up?

i'm only asking, i posted in another Thread, i found my new ihpone was not yet activated or somehow itunes need to do something and i unplugged it from itunes 1 more reboot the phone was fine with my knock off gevery. I had to use the origlan ATT sim from Best Buy.

Good luck
    Last edited by chessyang; 05-13-2011 at 01:39 PM.
    Are You Not Entertained! Are You Not Entertained! Is this not why you are HERE!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald1 View Post
    Im tryin so hard to get this Gevey stuff working and I am having no luck.

I enter in the sim with the Gevey I dont get a welcome screen and it reads 'sim failure' with INVALID SIM in the corner where it should say "No service"

At first I thought I cut the sim wrong. So ive tried it with 5 different sims now and no Luck.

On top of that I got a replacement Gevey and its still not working. On the eBay sellers feedback he has like 99.9% feedback with numerous A++++ postive feedbacks for Gevey sims by legit people.

Ive tried turning of Data and 3G when doing it and that doesnt work. I bought an brand new sim this morning and a sim cutter and that didnt work.
    this is a fake / knockoff and probably the worst fake (I can tell by the tray). I had a few of these when they first released and 70% of the chips just didn't work. IMO just ask the seller for a refund.

Darn! I've spent about (25)$40 usd on this mess including New sims and the gevey and im lookin at $35 for a REAL Pro gevey. But in all honesty its a small price to pay imo to have this thing done considering if it ever does work I can sell my current phone which is still worth $