Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey sim, service drops every few weeks

Default Gevey sim, service drops every few weeks
    Hey guys, new here at modmyi

So I have an iPhone 4, unlocked using Gevey Sim on 4.2.1 with baseband 02.10.04. When I first got my Gevey Sim it worked great, as this is my first iPhone I was more than pleased after holding it locked for more than 8 months. I was able to text, call, and go underground and surface having it automatically pick up signal again. Until after about 3 weeks, where service just dropped and said No Service. So as most people would do, they would restart the phone and redo the activation process. I did that, and it was fine again. Until another week later, I get No Service again. So I redid it again, and oddly enough another week later, I'm stuck with No Service.

I'm wondering if any of you guys have an idea whats going and if there's any solution to this as its getting a tad annoying to have to redo the process every week, when I thought all that was needed was to not let the phone's battery die or restart the phone to retain the signal. I have searched many places, and couldn't find anyone with a similar problem.

Thanks!
    Last edited by kev5873; 05-11-2011 at 06:15 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

TurboSIMs have all sorts of little "issues" and I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of them. As time passes maybe it gets worn and starts bugging out. The best I can say is to try and take the SIM tray out, clean it up, maybe clean the SIM port with compressed air, and put it in for another go. If that doesn't work, it might be time for a new Gevey.