+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help unlocking Iphone 3gs 4.2.1 05.15.04

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help unlocking Iphone 3gs 4.2.1 05.15.04
    Hello all - I hope someone here can give me some advice.

I have an iPhone 3GS 32GB I purchased second hand. It came with IOS 4.2.1 and baseband 05.15.04. The phone is currently locked to O2 but I would like to use my Orange sim card in it so I read that it would need to be jailbroken before I could unlock
    it.

I proceeded to jailbreak it using greenpoison and installed cydia to allow me to install ultrasnow 1.2.3. When I then inserted a non O2 sim card I wasn’t able to get any service,
    and received a message the phone was activating and this may take some time. I left it a while but still couldn’t get any service.

I subsequently read that this baseband needs to be upgraded to the iPad baseband 06.15 before ultrasnow would unlock the phone.

What I’d like to know is what can I do now? – I just need the phone unlocked so I can use my Orange sim card.

Cheers

Jim

Green Apple
    Thanks

05.15.04 baseband cannot be unlocked. Your best bet is to call O2 and ask them to unlock it (this is an IMEI unlock). If you have a friend with an O2 account you may have better luck.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for replying so quickly.

I will contact 02 today - just hoping there is no cost associated with this. The person I bought the phone off has paid off thier contract I suppose I shouold be entitled to get the phone unlocked for free by 02.