Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey simcard

Default Gevey simcard
    I Got a gevey turbo sim card for my IP 4 . Finally I could unlock my phone
    But I have this problem now Ö. I can call out , receive and send text messages ,,,, but canít receive Calles !!! Any suggestion ? Should I reset my network or switch from 3G to 2G ?

I have IP4 4,1 02.10.04

Thanks
    Jacob

This can be caused by a TMSI refresh by your carrier which the phone fails to recognize when used with GEVEY. You can still call because your old TMSI is still valid, but when someone calls you the carrier looks for your phone by the new TMSI that your phone was supposed to receive and thus you won't receive the call. When this happens your only option is to restart the phone and do the GEVEY procedure again to get a new TMSI. The sucky thing is, there is no indication whatsoever when this problem happens. It didn't happen to me during my testing, but it depends on the carrier how often they do the refresh. To be honest, I'm worried this might happen to me abroad and bought the GEVEY to use it abroad in the first place. Gotta hope carriers in the country I'm heading to don't do the refresh too often. Try restarting your phone and doing the GEVEY procedure again. If after restart you will be able to receive calls, this is what is causing your problem. If not, you're having a different issue that needs investigating.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WTFX For This Useful Post:

chessyang (05-11-2011)

Thanks for your advice , i did restart my phone for several times . Sometimes it work and sometimes not

Anyway , i'll keep this task updated as soon as it need to be