Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey sim not working !! Plz help

Unhappy Gevey sim not working !! Plz help
    hey guys,

I'm desperate to unlock my iphone its been since Christmas. I bought the gevey sim, i followed the instructions it didn't work.

insert sim with gevey

turn on iphone and wait for msg

tap on accept and wait till 1 signal bar

dial 112 for 2 seconds and end call

before i even reach the airplane mode its gives me the msg no sim card installed. I tried to do it faster, by the time i turned it on straight no sim msg comes up i click ok than turn mode on i get sim failure i wait than on the top left were the signal bars are supposed to be i get no service.

I restored my iphone, i upgraded it to 4.3 jailbroke it and tried again didn't work.

I tried my sim and the gevey sim on another iphone and it worked.. why on mine its not working !!

Please help me out here..

Quote Originally Posted by H_U_G_O View Post
    hey guys,

i thought you wait for "no service" not for one bar.im not sure tho.because different combinations could work on gevey.

Bro i also using gevey sim for unlock my fone first you tell about your baseband cause i using it i also face many problem for this and your firmaware also then i tell you in brief

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

mine works but it my was very tricky to get it to work. I had to try it about 30 or 40 times to get it just right. I think the trick for me was patience. I wouldnt wait long enough for the next step to happen. maybe when you see no sim card installed, wait a little longer and see if it comes back on.

make sure you disable 3g, cellular data network, and wifi when installing.

I have done all the steps, i tried everything, i took it to a phone service he told me its a hardware problem, but i hardly doubt. Is it possible ?
    I' mean i'm one in a million of iphone owners who didn't get his phone to work since Christmas.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    are u using tmobile? U have to make sure that the chip on or microship stick with the gevey chip. I know someone that cut the sim by themselves so the sim doesnt match the gevey tray perfectly. Here is how i got it working on my friend phone:
    1 put the gevey sim in and wait for the message
    2 then dail 112 for 2s ( sometime it needs to take like 3s or 4s. Dont worry its not gonna conect)
    3 then it might say invadlid sim or something like that just ignore it and put it on airplane mode wait 15s then turn it off. (U should do this outdoor the phone can get signal easily)If u dont get signal just reboot ur phone and redo the step again.If u havent done like 30 or 40 times, i think its ur geyvey chip got sonme problem ( it might be fake) just buy a new gevey sim
    Last time i did it in my room it doesnt get any signal at all then i went outside, did it again. It went through.

hey guys,

I'm desperate to unlock my iphone its been since Christmas. I bought the gevey sim, i followed the instructions it didn't work.

insert sim with gevey

turn on iphone and wait for msg

dial 112 for 2 seconds and end call

before i even reach the airplane mode its gives me the msg no sim card installed. I tried to do it faster, by the time i turned it on straight no sim msg comes up i click ok than turn mode on i get sim failure i wait than on the top left were the signal bars are supposed to be i get no service.

I restored my iphone, i upgraded it to 4.3 jailbroke it and tried again didn't work.

I tried my sim and the gevey sim on another iphone and it worked.. why on mine its not working !!

Please help me out here..
    Hey u miss a step first you turn off your iPhone insert in and the the other steps

STEP 1: Turn off your iPhone 4 and insert your SIM card and Gevey SIM together with the metal SIM tray provided.

STEP 2: Turn on your iPhone 4 and wait for the SIM welcome menu to show and the select “accept”.

STEP 3: At the beginning a “no service” message will show on your iPhone 4. DON’T do anything and wait until you see one signal bar appear on the top left corner.

STEP 4: After you see the signal bar dial “112? and hang up within 2 seconds.

STEP 5: Turn on “Airplane Mood” and then turn off right away. Your iPhone 4 will show “SIM failure” and then “No SIM Card Installed”

STEP 6: Until the “No Sim Card Installed” message shows up turn on the “Airplane Mood” again and turn it off right away again. The “Sim failure” message will show and the signal will show up after a few seconds.

NOTE:

After all the steps above, if there is still no signal then power off your iPhone 4 and turn back on and repeat all the steps from beginning.
    To use 3G network you need to turn on “Data Roaming”.
    I did that and recommend

First:
    Reboot your Iphone
    Then:
    Wait for the message and click "Accept"
    Wait for 20 seconds and call 112 for 2 seconds then end call

Go to setting and turn on Airplane mode!

Wait about 45 seconds when "No Sim card Installed" appear and turn off Airplane mode!
    if it still not work check if your Gevey is real or counterfeit at http://iphan1th.blogspot.com/2011/04...eit-gevey.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gauanh View Post
    are u using tmobile? U have to make sure that the chip on or microship stick with the gevey chip. I know someone that cut the sim by themselves so the sim doesnt match the gevey tray perfectly. Here is how i got it working on my friend phone:
    1 put the gevey sim in and wait for the message
    2 then dail 112 for 2s ( sometime it needs to take like 3s or 4s. Dont worry its not gonna conect)
    3 then it might say invadlid sim or something like that just ignore it and put it on airplane mode wait 15s then turn it off. (U should do this outdoor the phone can get signal easily)If u dont get signal just reboot ur phone and redo the step again.If u havent done like 30 or 40 times, i think its ur geyvey chip got sonme problem ( it might be fake) just buy a new gevey sim
    Last time i did it in my room it doesnt get any signal at all then i went outside, did it again. It went through.
    I did this more than 100 times literary.. i put my gevey sim and my sim card on my friend's iphone it was unlocked and i got the signal. Than i put it on my phone i doesnt work. I even tried 6 or 7 gevey sims one of them which are gevey pro, fakes, originals, but no luck... i restored the iphone updated it jailbroke it, removed cydia still no luck.. I also reset all settings i did everything you could imagine, I'm an iphone fan and i'm always up to date with every thing that is going on hacks etc...

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone-214 View Post
    STEP 1: Turn off your iPhone 4 and insert your SIM card and Gevey SIM together with the metal SIM tray provided.

STEP 2: Turn on your iPhone 4 and wait for the SIM welcome menu to show and the select “accept”.

STEP 3: At the beginning a “no service” message will show on your iPhone 4. DON’T do anything and wait until you see one signal bar appear on the top left corner.

STEP 4: After you see the signal bar dial “112? and hang up within 2 seconds.

STEP 5: Turn on “Airplane Mood” and then turn off right away. Your iPhone 4 will show “SIM failure” and then “No SIM Card Installed”

STEP 6: Until the “No Sim Card Installed” message shows up turn on the “Airplane Mood” again and turn it off right away again. The “Sim failure” message will show and the signal will show up after a few seconds.

NOTE:

After all the steps above, if there is still no signal then power off your iPhone 4 and turn back on and repeat all the steps from beginning.
    To use 3G network you need to turn on “Data Roaming”.
    I did that and recommend
    Didn't work
    Last edited by H_U_G_O; 05-13-2011 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i restored the iphone updated it jailbroke it, removed cydia still no luck..
    hum... when you put your sim+gevey in the iphone does itunes show your number?

just wonder or my 2 cents. has the phone been activated or in itunes it loads up?

i'm only asking, i posted in another Thread, i found my new ihpone was not yet activated or somehow itunes need to do something and i unplugged it from itunes 1 more reboot the phone was fine with my knock off gevery. I had to use the origlan ATT sim from Best Buy.

Good luck
    Are You Not Entertained! Are You Not Entertained! Is this not why you are HERE!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by chessyang View Post
    hum... when you put your sim+gevey in the iphone does itunes show your number?

just wonder or my 2 cents. has the phone been activated or in itunes it loads up?

i'm only asking, i posted in another Thread, i found my new ihpone was not yet activated or somehow itunes need to do something and i unplugged it from itunes 1 more reboot the phone was fine with my knock off gevery. I had to use the origlan ATT sim from Best Buy.

Good luck
    It shows my number, i rebooted it no luck yet...

The thing is that the gevey and my sim worked on another iphone, but didn't work on mine.. there must be something in the iphone no?

there must be something in the iphone no?
    i say no. phone sounds good. can't think of anything else that could be wrong or some step your missing? hum... i was just missing some weird itunes step. this is where i found the fix. there are some other stuff ppl said worked of them.

Link here and read comments in the thread.

keep us posted.
    Are You Not Entertained! Are You Not Entertained! Is this not why you are HERE!!!!"

Check your sim card and put it in adapter then try if it work with normal phone.
    If it's not make a new free sim card at your carrier center!