Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs 4.0.1 bb 5.14 unlocked

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default 3gs 4.0.1 bb 5.14 unlocked
    Is there anyway to unlock ihpone 3gs bb 5.14 without internet? My friend's phone doesnt have wifi so is there anyway i can install ultrasnow by ssh?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

1) You would need to update the baseband to the iPad baseband of 6.15.00. To do so, you'll need the phone to be on a firmware of at least 4.1 or above, and then use Redsn0w via computer to install the ipad baseband. As a word of caution, the iPad baseband can break the GPS.

2) In order to install Ultrasn0w without wifi, you can indeed SSH into the device and put it in. But of course, this can only work after you've updated the baseband with redsn0w.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I knew that i have to install ipad bb to unlock it but i dont know how to ssh the ultrasnow in. I am thinking about using an at&t with internet to install ultrasnow

Thanks

That would work too. As long as you get Internet on the phone somehow, you can dl ultrasn0w to it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    can u tell me step by step how to install ultrasnow by ssh? Thank you for ur help.

Thanks

Sorry bud I don't know, ive never had to do it. Start a new thread, you'll probably get some good answers from people who know

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    dont think i am gonna get an answer. I've been searching google it but havent gotten any answer. From 1 website that i read they said that i need someone to make an ultrasnow offline bundle so i can dowload it and just simply copy and paste into an iphone. Thank you for ur time though
    BTW didnt i pm u? "JUST BC I DON'T RESPOND TO YOUR PM'S DOESN'T MEAN I HATE YOU, JUST MEANS I'M ENCOURAGING YOU TO UTILIZE THESE FORUMS AS *NOT* A MESSENGER"

Thanks

I don't respond to PMs. I get so many I lose track of who is who.

I know very vaguely about this topic. I know if you jb you can SSH in and put ultrasn0w.deb in. You can download it if you find it but I have never done it. There's a thread somewhere in these forums that has steps to doing it. It was a while ago though. I suggest maybe find thaszar bc he is the one who helped someone with it. He's pretty good with these SSH things.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gauanh View Post
    I knew that i have to install ipad bb to unlock it but i dont know how to ssh the ultrasnow in. I am thinking about using an at&t with internet to install ultrasnow
    This is probably your best bet since I think your saying his wifi on the phone is broken. Ssh isn't possible without an Internet connection hence why you need the ip of phone (with ssh) but have no ip/wifi. I'd say if his wifi on the phone works go find free public wifi and install it there. Ifunbox(or over USB, somehow) is probably your best bet at getting the deb onthe phone.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to A3gOwner For This Useful Post:

i.Annie (05-13-2011)

Thanks

+1. I forgot to mention that, thanks bud The SSH and wifi thing I mean. iFunBox is for sure the way to go with a device that can't receive wifi. You got my thanks