+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Passcode

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
There is any way to bypass the passcode? My wife forgot hers and cant access the iphone please help
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Passcode
    There is any way to bypass the passcode? My wife forgot hers and cant access the iphone please help

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

you will need to restore it

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

And you can't restore from back up if you do restore it bc it'll just put the password right back on the phone. So expect to lose your info. Unless you had it set up to be able to SSH in to extract anything for backing up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    And you can't restore from back up if you do restore it bc it'll just put the password right back on the phone. So expect to lose your info. Unless you had it set up to be able to SSH in to extract anything for backing up.
    Are you sure? Every time I restored from a backup the passcode wasn't preserved IIRC and instead it asked me to set the passcode again.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Well I can't be sure if you say that. I have encountered people who have restored their devices that they were locked out of and restoring from backup just brought the password back up.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

I have had the same situation as Annie too.

Thanks

Really? Now that I remember, it was only a week ago I restored from a backup which had a passcode and it said something to the effect of "you've restored, would you like to setup your passcode now?".. I say something to that effect as I can't recall the words exactly.
    Maybe it depends on the fw or something? This was on 4.2.1. And I'm pretty sure..

BTW, the only reason I was restoring from backup was 'cos I wanted to restore as new as I hadn't before, so I backed up everything with AppBackup and restored as new, now wait for it.. Just to notice I forgot to move the tarballs (backups) on the PC, d'oh! So I had to restore from backup just to do the process again, this time remembering to move the tarballs to PC. And yes, I got that prompt when I restored from backup and got it before as well. It could be a setting somewhere, maybe if you encrypt your backups it also keeps the passcode?
    I started to doubt myself since you both are saying the opposite, but I'm pretty sure it went like this and AFAIK I don't suffer from dementia just yet.
    I feel like doing a restore just to check, but.. I don't think it'd be really worth it.. Let's just wait for input from someone else or the OP.