Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: new way to update iphone 3GS on ipad BB

Default new way to update iphone 3GS on ipad BB
    so guys the other day i tried to update my iphone with the ipad baseband and then the phone stayed on recovery mode *super facepalm* then i thought to myself did i just really mess up my phone.

Solution!: try putting it on dfu mode and jailbreaking with redsn0w and just click install cydia and tada! the jb process aparantly kicks it out of recovery and still updates.

let me know what you guys think of this ?

Does this actually work

yes it does i used the lastest redsn0w rc14 and it kicked it out of recovery because the issue wasnt the system firmware but the baseband for 4.3.2 couldnt be applied because it was lower than the 06.15.00 baseband.

are you saying you can downgrade ipad baseband or just install it?

no im just simply saying theres a work around for those who cant get a cfw ipsw on a mac to either update or restore. all of this began with cydia not installing properly and me not being able to restore with the ipad bb

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It could very well depend on the state your phone ended up in when this solution for you occurred. Different instances for others may exclude them from having this work. It doesn't hurt to try, but I'm just saying people shouldn't expect this to be a 100% for sure type of solution.

i agree this is more of a last resort when all tools to kick out of recovery dont work on your idevice.