+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "No Service" with Gevey

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I got my Gevey about 2 1/2 weeks or so ago, and everything worked like a charm. Now, when I do the 6 step method, everything works like a charm...except
    Thanks

Default "No Service" with Gevey
    I got my Gevey about 2 1/2 weeks or so ago, and everything worked like a charm.

Now, when I do the 6 step method, everything works like a charm...except at the end when I should get signal bars, I get "no service."

I have never seen this before on here, so anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Try turning airplane mode on & off again or a few times (after completing the procedure).
    Works for some fakes. (probably fake if problems are appearing) Please consider adding pics of yours to the thread I've posted.

Thanks

I am positive mines not fake. I've used it flawlessly before with no "heat" or "battery" issues.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bballcat03 View Post
    I am positive mines not fake. I've used it flawlessly before with no "heat" or "battery" issues.
    I have no heat or battery issues either. Actually no issues at all. But my tray looks fake.
    I was just wishing people would share pics of theirs as there are so many versions around.

Well anyway, did you try my suggestion? No go?

Thanks

still a no go

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

It might be a fake. Where did you buy it from?

Thanks

It's NOT A FAKE!

I got it from Apple N Berry...if it was a fake, it wouldn't work at all....EVER

Thanks

Calm down lol. Then it just might be defectiveness defective things tend to work and just stop

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Bought mine from apple n berry as well. Works fine, although, 2 days ago, I woke up to no service. Unusual but I didn't think much of it. Did the method to get signal back.. But it wouldn't work for some reason.. After more than an hour of reboots / resprings / and air plane mode toggling, I finally got it working. Looking to upgrade to a better sim like rebel. Heard it's a little better...

Thanks

I've heard rebel is a scam not too sure tho

Thanks

It is a scam! Don't buy it! Check the other thread for details. Basically they use Gevey trays which have the name sanded (well looks sort of Dremeled) and the chip is so large it won't fit the iPhone unless you sand it down. Also it requires the same 112 procedure as Gevey but it doesn't even have the welcome menu. And they scam this by claiming it has automatic process for most sims but some require the manual method. Obvious bs, steer clear.
    Last edited by WTFX; 05-08-2011 at 02:10 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm also having the same issue.

My phone & gevey sim worked fine for about a week, then yesterday I got the "No Service".

I've tried multiple times to redo the unlock procedure and everything works fine until the last stage, after searching... I still get "No Service"

Could this be the mobile operators blocking? My sim is on Three.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Seems like I'm not the only one that ran into this problem. Was working fine for about a week and following the same exact procedure results in "No Service" or just "Searching" I thought the Gevey SIM broke since I think mines is fake. Now that I'm reading all these posts, maybe something is going on with the carriers to prevent it from working?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roflc0pter View Post
    Seems like I'm not the only one that ran into this problem. Was working fine for about a week and following the same exact procedure results in "No Service" or just "Searching" I thought the Gevey SIM broke since I think mines is fake. Now that I'm reading all these posts, maybe something is going on with the carriers to prevent it from working?
    Try it with another sim and you'll know. Maybe some operators notice weird activity due to the TMSI spoofing Gevey does and ban it from the network. Hopefully not based IMEI though, that would be disastrous. You'd have to use another phone as well to notice the prob if your IMEI was banned. :S
    Haven't heard of reports of such activity, but everything is possible. Hopefully that's not the case though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Managed to get mine working again. AFter going through the unlock procedure and getting to the "No Serive" point I went to settings->carrier and manually selecting "3" from the carrier list.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just saw the topic guys. If you have this problem, click on carrier and choose your carrier after it detects them. I had the same problem.

Thanks

That doesn't work for me either.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I had a similar issue when my service rolled over from T-Mobile onto another service while traveling in the mountains. When I came back into town, choosing T-Mobile gave me No Service. But when I set the Carrier to Automatic, it found T-Mobile and was just fine.