Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Post pics of your GEVEY!

Lightbulb Post pics of your GEVEY!
    There are so many fakes around and now that applenberry is also shipping ones without writing on the chips I'm curious about how they look.
    So please post pics of yours along with info on where you got it from.

Here are mine I posted earlier on another thread:

I got it from a random seller in the country I reside in atm. From the looks of the tray it would seem it's a fake.
    However it doesn't have any heating or battery drain problems, so I can't tell for sure. I'm especially curious to see the newer batches from applenberry without the code on the chip.
    TIA!
    Last edited by WTFX; 05-07-2011 at 10:13 AM.

Hopefully, my Gevey Ssim will be here today in mail. If I get it I will post pictures, and I will see if it is fake or not.

Edit 1.

Okay, so I got my gevey sim card in mail today. I have taken pics of every step in opening package and there are some okay pics. I can say that there is nothing on the chip, and it did fit perfectly in my phone. Following steps activated my sim card from first try, even tho I am in roaming and using T Mobile net here in USA. All i have to do now is test it and see if it get warmer around sim tray and i will report back. Also I think sim tray is made from metal and not plastic. I am on a 4.2.1 3.10.01.

I will also with my infrared thermometer for heating issues.

Is there anything else I should try?

There is more than 10 pictures, so I have posted link to slideshow of all pictures.

Edit 2.

So since i am in roaming, I am able to send messages to Europe with my sim card and receive them as well.
    I cant make calls, but that is cus I have limitation on sim card from network. I will have to call customer support and report back.
    Last edited by DraganUS; 05-07-2011 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DraganUS For This Useful Post:

WTFX (05-07-2011)

Thanks a lot for posting those. The slideshow wouldn't even open for me in Firefox 4, but opened up in Chromium. (Ok, opened now in FF4 as well, after a long while, reason unknown, but prob. not your fault)
    I'd say your tray looks more legit than mine.
    However your STK is in Chinese, I have it in English.
    It's either the earlier Chinese version Gevey devs first demonstrated or a fake. Hopefully a real one, but it's really hard to determine!
    But if you look at your tray you'll notice you have the GEVEY logo looking correct whereas in the one I have it looks just weird.
    With that said I've had no heating whatsoever or battery drain.

Some people also said if they both come in the same bag (the interposer & the tray) then it's fake, but obviously they can't have knowledge on all batches.

The only ones I can determine to be 100% legit are the ones which have the F981 chips, others.. Gets more difficult to determine.

----

Come on ppl! No-one bothering to grab a camera (or just your iPhone) and posting a few pics?
    At least someone gimme pics of the new GEVEYs from applenberry, please!
    Thanks in advance.

I thought it'd be cool to have the largest collection of pics of all the different GEVEYs around.. Guess others aren't as interested..

----

384 views and only 1 contribution, sheesh.. Bumpity bump.
    Last edited by WTFX; 05-09-2011 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Triplepost :P

Quote Originally Posted by WTFX View Post
    Thanks a lot for posting those. The slideshow wouldn't even open for me in Firefox 4, but opened up in Chromium. (Ok, opened now in FF4 as well, after a long while, reason unknown, but prob. not your fault)
    I'd say your tray looks more legit than mine.
    However your STK is in Chinese, I have it in English.
    It's either the earlier Chinese version Gevey devs first demonstrated or a fake. Hopefully a real one, but it's really hard to determine!
    But if you look at your tray you'll notice you have the GEVEY logo looking correct whereas in the one I have it looks just weird.
    With that said I've had no heating whatsoever or battery drain.

Some people also said if they both come in the same bag (the interposer & the tray) then it's fake, but obviously they can't have knowledge on all batches.

The only ones I can determine to be 100% legit are the ones which have the F981 chips, others.. Gets more difficult to determine.

----

Come on ppl! No-one bothering to grab a camera (or just your iPhone) and posting a few pics?
    At least someone gimme pics of the new GEVEYs from applenberry, please!
    Thanks in advance.

I thought it'd be cool to have the largest collection of pics of all the different GEVEYs around.. Guess others aren't as interested..

----

384 views and only 1 contribution, sheesh.. Bumpity bump.
    I will try to post some pics later today for you all. The new gevey pros do not have the f981 engraved into the chips. (For the regular gevey they should have the f981 stamped on the chip)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 13001r For This Useful Post:

DraganUS (05-09-2011), WTFX (05-09-2011)

bump chicka wah wah!

Here is the gevey i got. It came from e-bay. the sell was "consumers-edge". It shipped from NY. Very fast. will leave him feed back. He sold about 66 of them but has low feed back?

1) this is a fake/knock off
    2) it works!
    3) found some info on why i was getting no service on the phone.
    4) Iphone 4 White 4.32 Firmware 4.10.01
    5) If ppl need more prof let me know i can submit more pictures
    6) I might do some video or whatever if anyone ask or i'm bored this weekend.

**Good read on how the Gevery works. very cool read. and very border line illigey IMO
    **Where i found the fix for No signal. AKA i never activated my iphone yet. just Jailbreak it and used it!

Any who here's the pictures

*edit* Fixing links. sorry
    Last edited by chessyang; 05-13-2011 at 01:23 PM.
    Are You Not Entertained! Are You Not Entertained! Is this not why you are HERE!!!!"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to chessyang For This Useful Post:

WTFX (05-13-2011)

Thanks. But your pics are still linked to the thumbnails and when I remove the 'th' part it shows 'domain unregistered'. I'd recommend using tinypic or some other image hosting service, imageshack has been a PITA ever since they added the domain policy.

edit: ok, they're fixed now, gj!
    Last edited by WTFX; 05-13-2011 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chessyang View Post
    Here is the gevey i got. It came from e-bay. the sell was "consumers-edge". It shipped from NY. Very fast. will leave him feed back. He sold about 66 of them but has low feed back?

1) this is a fake/knock off
    2) it works!
    3) found some info on why i was getting no service on the phone.
    4) Iphone 4 White 4.32 Firmware 4.10.01
    5) If ppl need more prof let me know i can submit more pictures
    6) I might do some video or whatever if anyone ask or i'm bored this weekend.

**Good read on how the Gevery works. very cool read. and very border line illigey IMO
    **Where i found the fix for No signal. AKA i never activated my iphone yet. just Jailbreak it and used it!

Any who here's the pictures

*edit* Fixing links. sorry
    that's actually the BEST fake I've seen... sim tray is exactly like the real ones. Since your gevey is the gevey v1 it seems like the only thing missing would be the FC# on the ic chip.

Quote Originally Posted by 13001r View Post
    that's actually the BEST fake I've seen... sim tray is exactly like the real ones. Since your gevey is the gevey v1 it seems like the only thing missing would be the FC# on the ic chip.
    Yeah, the only other pointer to it being fake I could spot was the thinner font in the GEVEY writing on the chip. Oh, and the usual missing connection is there as well.

They went a long way to make this look legit anyway, they even printed the text on the manual in a lighter font just like what comes with the original and moved the cutting points in the foil package lower to match the genuine packaging.

i got mine from apple n berry and the tray and sim were packaged separately. i noticed that yours was packaged together.

Here is the brand new Pro I just got from Apple N Berry.

The battery life absolutely BLOWS! I'm not happy with it at all! It is loads faster than the previous, but that's it.

Last edited by bballcat03; 05-13-2011 at 06:56 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bballcat03 For This Useful Post:

WTFX (05-13-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by bballcat03 View Post
    Here is the brand new Pro I just got from Apple N Berry.

The battery life absolutely BLOWS! I'm not happy with it at all! It is loads faster than the previous, but that's it.
    Wow, that's not good news.. :S I had my suspicions about the new Pro.
    Anyway, thanks for sharing the pics.

Other than the chip (and the Pro logo obviously), the circuitry looks a bit different as well compared to the original Gevey.

Yeah I got decent battery life with my previous gevey...but like the thread I started, I couldn't get past the "no service"

So I ordered the Pro version.

Yeah the only differences I see are 1- the accept screen is all in English, while the previous one was Chinese or something

2- faster loading at startup.

Quote Originally Posted by bballcat03 View Post
    Yeah I got decent battery life with my previous gevey...but like the thread I started, I couldn't get past the "no service"

So I ordered the Pro version.

Yeah the only differences I see are 1- the accept screen is all in English, while the previous one was Chinese or something

2- faster loading at startup.
    Maybe you're just not used to using your iPhone 4 with the cell radio activated? Then again, I saw similar comments about bad battery life with GEVEY Pro elsewhere and I'd expect you probably used your phone on another carrier earlier.

Yeah it was used on ATT before.