+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GEVEY unlock leaves my facetime on "waiting for activation"

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, I recently purchased an iPhone 4 from craigslist, which was originally locked to AT&T but through GEVEY I was able to unlock the phone and use it on ROGERS
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default GEVEY unlock leaves my facetime on "waiting for activation"
    Hi, I recently purchased an iPhone 4 from craigslist, which was originally locked to AT&T but through GEVEY I was able to unlock the phone and use it on ROGERS in canada. Now the only problem with the phone is that the facetime is not activating/working. I went to settings - phone, and turned on the facetime and underneath it it says waiting for activation... Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You're connected to WiFi yes? I am not 100% sure but I know that people on T-Mobile USA on an AT&T locked iPhone have difficulties trying to use FaceTime even on wifi. Seems to incur extra charges in the form of international texts. I don't know if that issue has been resolved yet or not. Maybe someone with a locked phone using a different carrier with software or Gevey unlock can shed some light.

So basically what I'm saying is 1) be sure you're connected to wifi and 2) I'm not even sure FaceTime is supposed to work for a different carrier on an originally locked phone.

Thanks

Actually the activation happens through an international sms (or mms, not sure) message on the iPhone 4. It only happens through WiFi on iPod Touch 4 (& probably iPad 2 as well).
    I think you'll have to use MiTime to get it working on an unofficial carrier (at least in most cases). You have to pay for it though, it's not free. Check mitime.info for more info.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, I have the same problem. Bought an iphone 4 (4.3.3) in Canada locked to bell and used gevey to unlock it for use on ROGERS provider. I tried mitime but it doesnt check if its compatible. Its really quite a hassel please help. I read about push fix on twitter having an overide file. can anyone tell me how to get this or get this working please?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

pushfix has an override for ROGERS carriers only. MiTime is the only legit way (that I know of) for carriers like tmobile. I used it and took me a few tries and $8.40 later. but finally got it.

there's a guy on youtube that said he did it without paying, but not sure how exactly he did it...didn't go too in depth about it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I figured out how to do this for FREE for us Gevey users (supports iPhone Official carriers only). Backup the carrier.plist in unknown bundle. Then overwrite it with the carrier.plist from the rogers bundle (or the carrier you are trying to activate facetime on).
    Reboot, activate facetime, then restore the original backed up plist.

You can move the files around with OpenSSH access and a SSH terminal, or with root access in Disk Aid.
    Last edited by Netcruzer; 05-16-2011 at 01:59 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Netcruzer View Post
    I figured out how to do this for FREE for us Gevey users (supports iPhone Official carriers only). Backup the carrier.plist in unknown bundle. Then overwrite it with the carrier.plist from the rogers bundle (or the carrier you are trying to activate facetime on).
    Reboot, activate facetime, then restore the original backed up plist.

You can move the files around with OpenSSH access and a SSH terminal, or with root access in Disk Aid.
    This was just perfect for me buddy.
    Thank you very much, two days expent with this!

I am using GEVEY to unlock iPhone 4 with baseband 03.10.01 and iOS 4.3.3
    I am using CLARO a carrier from Brazil.
    But I never received the bundle directly from the carrier because of GEVEY.

Then I looked inside iPhone using iFile (from cydia @ http://*****************/repo)
    I found a lot of bundles inside this folder:
    /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone

I found there "Claro_BR"..
    And inside there is a file called carrier.plist

I copied it and replaced carrier.plist that is inside this folder (destination folder) :
    /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/Unknown.bundle

Thanks a lot!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnium View Post
    This was just perfect for me buddy.
    Thank you very much, two days expent with this!

I am using GEVEY to unlock iPhone 4 with baseband 03.10.01 and iOS 4.3.3
    I am using CLARO a carrier from Brazil.
    But I never received the bundle directly from the carrier because of GEVEY.

Then I looked inside iPhone using iFile (from cydia @ http://*****************/repo)
    I found a lot of bundles inside this folder:
    /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone

I found there "Claro_BR"..
    And inside there is a file called carrier.plist

I copied it and replaced carrier.plist that is inside this folder (destination folder) :
    /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/Unknown.bundle

Thanks a lot!!!!
    Just to help the Googlers to find this....
    I was getting FaceTime waiting for activation... ("Esperando ativação" in portuguese)
    My FaceTime was not working at all...

What I tried:

First of all I activated my phone with SAM, with success.

I tried FaceBreak withOUT success..
    I tried Push Doctor (free) withOUT success..
    I tried PushFix (PAID) to correct my push certifications... (what the hell is this? wharever..) WITH sucess..
    I tried after MiTime (It just try something after buying PushFix) but.. unfortunelly WITHOUT success too..

Then I found this brillant post! =]
    Simple and easy.

Tomorrow I will try to update the carrier.plist from another user that have an unlocked iPhone with CLARO.
    Last edited by Insomnium; 06-02-2011 at 09:24 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can someone please upload AT&T bundle? My iPhone does not seem to have it?