Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
05-06-2011, 09:02 PM #1Iphone 4 returns to "Accept" screen after Airplane Mode toggle
After going through the 6 six steps in the Gevey Sim tutorial, the signal indicator would go from "Searching..." (black "Accept" screen pops up) to "No Sim". I may've been able to narrow it down to possibly my T-mobile sim (new kind) since my iPhone4 has worked with two other T-mobile sims with two differen Gevey sims. But it's hard to blame it on the T-mobile sim since I'm able to put it back in my old phone and it works just fine. I've been trying to get this to work since last night but no luck. Does anyone know what could be wrong?
05-06-2011, 10:55 PM #2
05-06-2011, 11:11 PM #3
1. Start the phone with the Gevey SIM inserted.
2. When the phone has started, remove the Gevey sim and DON'T put it back yet, then reboot.
3. Wait until the phone has started, slide to unlock, then wait until you get a "No sim card installed".
4. When you see this pop in the Gevey sim again and wait for the black screen and press accept.
5. From here follow the normal procedure to unlock using Gevey: W8 for 1 bar, place call to 112, hang up after 2 seconds, activate Flight mode, w8 for message, deactivate flight mode, w8 for message, activate flight mode, deactivate flight mode, w8 until it works...
My only guess right now is that my T-mobile sim is not making good contact with the Gevey sim. But if so, how can I tell for sure?
05-07-2011, 02:51 AM #4
05-07-2011, 03:10 AM #5
It seems like the step after the second Airplane mode toggle in which most people get the signal bars I instead get the black "Accept" screen and then it changes to "Invalid Sim." I'm really dumbfounded by this and don't really know what else to try at this point.
05-07-2011, 03:26 AM #6
05-07-2011, 06:30 AM #7
I've always ended the call as soon as the End button appears and it has worked fine. I wouldn't risk letting the call to connect.