+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Those ATT locked people needing unlock!

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Those ATT locked people needing unlock!
    Hello everyone.I have a suggestion.Anyone on ATT in usa trying to get the Iphone's unlock possibly can.If anyone on here wants to buy a gevey/rebel sim and purchase a vodafone UK sim card with 19.99 from eBay etc,make maybe one call to any uk number,and then il submit your IMEI to Vodafone UK.i should be able to get you iphone unlocked??

Definetly worth a try for you as relative of mines in usa done this and i got the confimation from vodafone that it was unlocked.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by syke1987 View Post
    Hello everyone.I have a suggestion.Anyone on ATT in usa trying to get the Iphone's unlock possibly can.If anyone on here wants to buy a gevey/rebel sim and purchase a vodafone UK sim card with 19.99 from eBay etc,make maybe one call to any uk number,and then il submit your IMEI to Vodafone UK.i should be able to get you iphone unlocked??

Definetly worth a try for you as relative of mines in usa done this and i got the confimation from vodafone that it was unlocked.
    After confirmation? Did your relative confirm the unlock with iTunes? Was this done with live chat?
    Last edited by daytonaviolet; 05-06-2011 at 04:43 PM.

Thanks

Yeah, ask your relative first if his iPhone indeed got unlocked after connecting it to iTunes. That reply could be automatic.

Green Apple
    Thanks

its been unlocked of course.i got the confirmation message so you would assume that means its unlocked.JUST TO CONFIRM HIS ATT IPHONE IN THE USA HAS BEEN FACTORY UNLOCKED ON 3RD MAY 2011.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by syke1987 View Post
    its been unlocked of course.i got the confirmation message so you would assume that means its unlocked.JUST TO CONFIRM HIS ATT IPHONE IN THE USA HAS BEEN FACTORY UNLOCKED ON 3RD MAY 2011.
    Well it could be automatically assumed but others tried this with O2 UK and the outcome was unclear + some said Apple can see if the iPhone was locked to another carrier and won't accept the carrier's unlock request. Thus the reluctancy. But thanks for the confirmation. Surprising I have to say, especially it being an AT&T phone.

Thanks

So how much does it cost to get it unlock. Reason I'm asking is I just got a Vodafone sim with 10 credit, do I need to put more credit in to get it done?