+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey Sim and Carrier Not Available

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello everyone, just got my first iphone4! It's running 4.3.2 and bb is 4.10.01 Bought it off craigslist was told it's locked to Fido(Canada), it was showing the connect to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Gevey Sim and Carrier Not Available
    Hello everyone, just got my first iphone4! It's running 4.3.2 and bb is 4.10.01 Bought it off craigslist was told it's locked to Fido(Canada), it was showing the connect to itunes screen, so I took it to the fido store they told me there after doing a restore that it's locked to some other carrier. Now, I don't know the carrier the phone is locked to, when I connected it to iTunes the first time it said sim unsupported, I then used redsn0w to jb it and everything is working fine except it shows Network and Carrier as Not Available. So my question is that will the gevey sim still work for me?
    Thanks, also is my phone activated? Basically where do I go from here?
    Thanks alot. My first post so apologies for it being too long but I wanted to describe the entire situation.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

gevey sim should work on your phone just fine. make sure to follow the directions promptly. doesn't matter what network it is locked to, as long as you use it with a GSM network that requires a sim card or in this case. microsim!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks so much! you've taken a huge weight off my mind!
    and it makes no difference that i haven't activated the phones through itunes as yet? i'll just pop the gevey sim in, follow their instructions and i'm good to go?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the phone needs to be activated because you need to have to do some processes. You can either have a friend put in his ATT sim card preferably from an iPhone 4 or you can just jailbreak it and it will activate for you. I used my buddy's one a few times but i ended up jailbreaking anyways. hope this helps!