Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tiny Umbrella

Default Tiny Umbrella
    Ok this is kinda weird. I purchased a virtually brand new 3gs from ebay, it was on FW 4.3 and software unlocked. I decided to JB so had to go to 4.3.1 but I lost my software unlock but before doing so I used or so I thought tiny umbrella to save my SHSH Blob in case I wanted to go back to 4.3. Now is where it gets weird. I've just connected and opened tiny umbrella and it shows my iphone 3gs but with SHSH 4.1, does this mean I can restore to FW 4.1? Has whoever did the software unlock originally JB the phone? or did they just have the sense to save the SHSH and that's why my phone is coming back with that firmware version?

Thanks

In order to do a software unlock you have to jailbreak so no surprise that you have shsh blobs. First thing you need to do is go into settings and make sure your baseband unlockable (like 5.13.xx and lower). If not a software unlock is no longer possible. If your baseband is 6.15 then you have the iPad baseband and permanent gps loss but it's still unlockable with 6.15/5.13 and lower via ultrasn0w from cydia.

Ok I have BB 5.16.02 so downgrading won't change the BB?

Thanks

No sorry it dont downgrade basebands. Your stuck without a software unlock unfortunately. Before someone says I'm wrong there is the iPad baseband option but if I was you I'd definately do some reading on it's effects on the iPhone. Like permanent gps loss, battery drain, custom ipsw, just to name afew.

Yeah I've read the horror stories about 6.15 BB and I'm not updating to that.

You should have update tru tiny umbrella so that your baseband is preserved and still unlockable.

I never updated the BB when I jailbroke it to 4.3.1 FW, it was already on BB 5.16.02 when I got the phone

Thanks

It updates the baseband whenever you update iOS. Unless you use sn0wbreeze or pwnagetool which preserve the baseband. So if it was unlocked it's not anymore.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

The bb preservation with TU is exclusive to iPhone 4. If the baseband was already on 5.16.02 when you got the phone then it was never unlockable.

Your only choice is to use the iPad baseband.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    The bb preservation with TU is exclusive to iPhone 4. If the baseband was already on 5.16.02 when you got the phone then it was never unlockable.

Your only choice is to use the iPad baseband.
    That's why I didn't say use TU.
    Edit: Oops someone else mentioned it. Sorry.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Yeah I wasn't saying you sai it

Quote Originally Posted by A3gOwner View Post
    It updates the baseband whenever you update iOS. Unless you use sn0wbreeze or pwnagetool which preserve the baseband. So if it was unlocked it's not anymore.
    Yeah that's what I did, I used sn0wbreeze to preserve the BB but it was the fact that TU is reporting that my SHSH Blob is coming up as 4.1 FW, yet when I used TU to save the SHSH Blob the phone was already at 4.3 FW, weird as I've said.