Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Unlock.

Default iPhone 4 Unlock.
    I have an AT&T iPhone 4 that I would like to unlock. The baseband is 04.10.01. I was told that this one can NOT be unlocked at the moment. Is there any way to upgrade or downgrade the baseband so that it CAN be unlocked?

Thanks!

No but you can use a gevey or gevey pro sim

Is $45 a good price for them? someone in my city has one locally. Not sure if that's a good price however I don't want to get scammed.

No there is a thread here with a member offering them for 12.50 ill try finding it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Beware of the risks with Gevey SIMs. In order for it to work, you have to dial 112- an emergency number in a great deal of countries. If you get caught, in essence "prank calling" emergency services, it is highly likely your service provider will drop you.

He actually works with my service provider, lol. They completely allow it, because they blocked it as an emergency number apparently.

Yes that is true only if you allow it to connect for more than 2 seconds

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm just saying its a risk. If you're gonna use it, be careful and be aware. Better than having people think that their service provider dropped them for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by link4403 View Post
    I'm just saying its a risk. If you're gonna use it, be careful and be aware. Better than having people think that their service provider dropped them for no reason.
    It also depends on where the OP is from. They may not use 112 as an emergency number.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Doesn't seem like anybody's had any trouble in regards to dialing 112. I'm no endorsing dialing emergency numbers but I'm just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Doesn't seem like anybody's had any trouble in regards to dialing 112. I'm no endorsing dialing emergency numbers but I'm just saying.
    If it does create a problem, hopefully it'll sway the FCC to enact some kind of policy that forces carriers to unlock a handset after a contract has been fulfilled (either via ETF or the 2 years). Wishful thinking I know, but stranger things have happened

I just ran across thee guys.....::Unlock Kings - by Mas Productionz::. and they show a youtube video of a 4.10.1 bb unlock...can this be true!!!! I posted a new thread with the link or just go to youtube and search unlockkings.com iphone 4

Has anyone heard of these guys before??? If they fudged the video...they did a great job

it could be a factory unlocked iP4 and just activated it with a TMo SIM.