+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rebel Sim

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So just got my Rebel sim card this morning for my iphone 4, previously on AT&T. Doesn't work. Does anybody have any idea how these things are supposed to work?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Rebel Sim
    So just got my Rebel sim card this morning for my iphone 4, previously on AT&T.

Doesn't work.

Does anybody have any idea how these things are supposed to work?

It didn't come with any documentation, the website has very little info about the iphone 4 version.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Interesting, I think you're one of the few to have finally received it. I know the website has an instruction pdf if you sign it. Despite what the rebel people said there is a mention of using 112 in the guide but I'm not sure if it's always necessary. The guide was very poorly worded.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am now based in the uk and fairly close to the company which is why i might have got mine sooner.

When i put in my new sim with the rebel sim it just doesnt't register it at all, not even the invalid sim error. Not sure if the problem is due to it being a US phone and a UK sim card.

I also bought the programmer but the micro sim doesn't fit in very well.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

oh oh - not good.

Forget dialing 112, it doesn't even do anything?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnnymeek View Post
    I am now based in the uk and fairly close to the company which is why i might have got mine sooner.

When i put in my new sim with the rebel sim it just doesnt't register it at all, not even the invalid sim error. Not sure if the problem is due to it being a US phone and a UK sim card.

I also bought the programmer but the micro sim doesn't fit in very well.
    Hrm...it shouldn't have anything to do with where the phone is from and which network you're using it on. Could it be that your sim is too old?

Green Apple
    Thanks

rebel sim is supposed to be better than gevey because rebel said it is like untethered unlock.maybe u just got a faulty one.

Green Apple
    Thanks

You ordered from the right/real/legit site? That'd be kind of depressing if it took >1 month and they didn't work. Perhaps defective one. Gevey SIM doesn't sound too bad now...it at least includes documentation >__>

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cloudxvii View Post
    You ordered from the right/real/legit site? That'd be kind of depressing if it took >1 month and they didn't work. Perhaps defective one. Gevey SIM doesn't sound too bad now...it at least includes documentation >__>
    The documentation isnt even that long, just a small piece of paper with instructions that was explained before the product was even released. Anyway OP, have you activated your phone at all? That's the issue i had with my gevey.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is there a rebel that is supposed to work work with a 3GS on firmware 4.2.1, baseband 05.15.04, please?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jforjustice View Post
    Is there a rebel that is supposed to work work with a 3GS on firmware 4.2.1, baseband 05.15.04, please?
    No. End of story.

Green Apple
    Thanks

That's suck. I have a very high expectation on Rebel Sim that seems working very well on youtube. Keep us posted.

Thanks,

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Any progress?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Still no progress. It's a new sim on three, which I know works as I can put it in another phone and it's fine.

Rebel sim seem to have removed the contact facility from their web page which is also quite worrying.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnnymeek View Post
    Still no progress.....
    See also this topic Rebel Pro Micro-Sim Card (Alternative 2 Gevey)

It looks like working the same as the gevey sim with dialing 112. Did you already folow the steps in the user guide? See: http://rebelsimcard.com/index.php?di...tachment_id=66

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i purchase the rebel sim micro pro as well. 3 of them finally arrived from the UK. NOT A SINGLE ONE WORKS. VERY DISAPPOINTED. HAVE FILE A DISPUTE CLAIM VIA PAYPAY. HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT PURCHASING THIS PRODUCT.

@wouter15. I followed these instructions as well. NOTHING WORKS- DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. IT DOES NOT WORK. I was considering their unlocking service worldwide but after this experience, I would stay away from any of their products and services.
    Last edited by aabilla; 05-03-2011 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yep agreed. i bought a bunch for resale here in the US. 112 dialing required.

i found a how to:

http://rebelsimcard.com/index.php?di...tachment_id=66

see page 6

rebooting requires same procedure...

also, customer service didnt keep their word on some things too. ill be getting a refund.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried those instructions as well of no success. They ask I re flash the sims with the programmer's option. i have not been able to do this portion yet. Will attempt it but I'm moving forward with getting my refund.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default rebel sim!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by VlaDeMaN View Post
    yep agreed. i bought a bunch for resale here in the US. 112 dialing required.

i found a how to:

http://rebelsimcard.com/index.php?di...tachment_id=66

see page 6

rebooting requires same procedure...

also, customer service didnt keep their word on some things too. ill be getting a refund.
    I had to come up with this write up that worked for me, although it's d same process as givey, but YOU DONT CONNECT TO 112, U ONLY DIAL( i guess dat was their selling point but they shd av explained beta),
    so here it goes,( u need to be patient!!!!!)
    STEPS TO USE REBEL SIM
    1. RESTART IPHONE WITH SIMTRAY OPENED, AFTER BOOTING, INSERT SIMTRAY.
    2. WAIT FOR 1BAR SIGNAL,DIAL 112 AND END, IT WILL SEARCH; REPEAT STEP 1 THEN GO TO STEP3,
    3. (READ VERY WELL).WAIT FOR 1BAR SIGNAL, DIAL 112(IT WILL NOT RESPOND AT FIRST), THE CALL WILL END IT SELF BEFORE U PRESS END, AFTER FEW SECONDS, U SEE “NO SIM INSTALLED” MESSAGE, REPEAT STEP 1 AND THEN GO TO STEP 4. IF THE 112 DIALLING RESPONDS IMMEDIATELY AND SEARCHES, REPEAT 1 UNTILL STEP 3 OCCURS (i.e 112 DIALLING WILL NOT RESPOND AT FIRST). WHEN STEP 3 OCCURS, REPEAT 1 AND GO TO STEP 4.
    4. (FINAL STEP).WAIT FOR 1 BAR SIGNAL,DIAL 112 AND END,IMMEDIATELY,GO TO SETTINGS, PUT ON AIRPLANE MODE, REMOVE TRAY( U WILL SEE “NO SIM INSTALLED” MESSAGE,PRESS OK),INSERT TRAY,SWITCH OFF AIRPLANE MODE(U WILL GET THE SAME ‘NO SIM INSTALLED”MESSAGE), JUST WAIT TILL THE SIGNAL ARRIVES.

I av done it more than 10 times and i only get signal after the third step where dialling 112 wont respond before i finally see d no sim installed msg. Step 4 shd av been d only step to do but once it searches b4 u get to airplane mode,just start allover again. AT LEAST, I NEVA CONNECTED TO 112. btw, once u get network, it stays just like givey, untill maybe u reboot,battery died etc,
    let me know if i helped ( u just av to be patient)

Thanks

Well that would only make it (much) more complicated than GEVEY.
    And on GEVEY too, there's no need for the call to connect, I press End literally as soon as it shows up.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Gentlemen, the solution is simple. Dispute and buy gevey...unfortunately it is obvious that rebel doesn't work. Gevey is much more reliable!