Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS on 4.3.2 (BB - 06.15.00) -- No Service on T-Mobile

Default 3GS on 4.3.2 (BB - 06.15.00) -- No Service on T-Mobile
    I picked up a used 3GS running 4.3.2 (baseband 06.15.00).

I used PwnageTool (Mac) to generate a custom 4.3.2 firmware (easy mode)

I connected to WiFi and installed ultraSn0w 1.2.2 from Cydia (rebooting after installation by sliding the power button rather than hitting the reboot button on screen)

However - when my T-Mobile SIM is inserted - I simply get 'No Service' where the signal bars should be.

If I go to "Settings > Carrier" and let it scan, it can see AT&T but no T-Mobile.
    Also, if I go to "Settings > General > About" - my carrier is showing as 'Carrier 10.0' (I've never seen this before)

Am I missing a step somewhere? Is there something else I need to do to unlock the baseband for T-Mobile?

Oh... I don't know if it's significant... but when attempting to get it into DFU mode - I need to use iReb to do so... attempting DFU mode without iReb simply results in a black screen or getting stuck on the Apple logo.

Thanks

Make sure 3G is turned off. Answer probably not that simple but thought I'd throw that out there in case you have it in.

Does anyone have a working solution for this problem? I have pretty much the same issue.. I can't get any t-mobile sim (I've gone through 3) to get service on the phone at all.

I've done it all: waited 30 mins between reboots, toggling airplane mode, reset network settings, turned off 3G.. nothing works.

I'm on the 06.15.00 baseband too. What's odd is, the first time I inserted a T-Mobile sim, the phone was able to receive service, but when a phone call or text was sent/received, the service dropped, and then it eventually said no service and it never came back on.

I have a 4.3.2 (8H7) 3gs with T-mobile, but 05.12.01. It says Carrier 10.0 though.

I am running 4.3.2 with 5.13 baseband on T-Mobile no problem. What Try reboot the phone with no SIM installed and then insert T-mobile sim after the phone is powered on.

You may be in an area of poor T-Mobile signal if you can see ATT under settings.

Tried the ultrasn0w 1.2.3 upgrade this morning, and still "No Service"